Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can this be fixed in a patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Can this be fixed in a patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/13/2008 10:57:04 AM   
Pax25

Why is it that when hitting the next unit button you can no longer scroll through units that are divided, even though they all still have movement points? Anyone else notice this? Furthermore, why is it that the next unit button will take you to a different formation, then when you hit next formation, after you've gone through all the units in a formation? In my opinion, this makes it more difficult to keep track of which units you have moved and which you haven't. Especially in larger scenerios.
Post #: 1
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/13/2008 12:34:49 PM   
SMK-at-work

Divided units are still in hte sequence, but they come after all undivided units, and yes it's still a pain.

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 2
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/13/2008 7:25:28 PM   
ralphtricky

I need to revisit the whole next unit operation. I think I need to add some options for how it works.

Ralph Trickey
TOAW IV Programmer
Blog: http://operationalwarfare.com
---
My comments are my own, and do not represent the views of any other person or entity. Nothing that I say should be construed in any way as a promise of anything.

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 3
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/13/2008 9:15:08 PM   
Heldenkaiser

I would love to see some key that circles only through units with MP left, or units not dug-in, or simply mobile/moving units, something like that.

(in reply to ralphtricky)
Post #: 4
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/14/2008 9:55:33 AM   
L`zard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Heldenkaiser

I would love to see some key that circles only through units with MP left, or units not dug-in, or simply mobile/moving units, something like that.

Me too, even if it's some obscure control-alt-shift thing, eh?

Especially the 'MP left, or units not dug-in' parts........GLOBAL, please!

"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

(in reply to Heldenkaiser)
Post #: 5
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/14/2008 12:08:54 PM   
Karri

...in addition, can the hotkey for digging in NOT move to next unit...

(in reply to L`zard)
Post #: 6
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/15/2008 1:55:27 AM   
Pax25

Thanks. Just thought I'd point this out. I prefer to move units by formation, so I never have hit next unit all the way through (therefore I didn't notice that they eventually come up). However, this doesn't seem like the best thing as someone pointed out.

Karri - personally I like the hot key for digging in going to the next unit, because that way you could conceivably wait till the end after you think you've moved everything and just keep hitting the hot key so everything else digs in.

Lastly, I was thinking as well, as someone mentioned above, there being a feature similar to the Campain Series where it tell you that "all units have been considered". However, I guess this would be difficult because you have to leave MPs for further attack, and also you might want to scroll through everything to change a deployment. I can't tell you how many times I've forgotten which formation I started on and then I get halfway through a second time and go wait a minute I already looked at all these units?

Anyway, I think this game has the smoothest interface out of any game at this level, I just think it could be even smoother.

(in reply to Karri)
Post #: 7
RE: Can this be fixed in a patch? - 1/15/2008 1:39:41 PM   
Trick37_MatrixForum

I found it easier to start from one part of the map to start moving units, and go through until I've moved through all of the areas.  Still, I'd like to set the sequence of attacks so that I can tell units to attack in one location before another in hoped of surrounds and whiping out units (as an example).

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Can this be fixed in a patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI