Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple newb questions. Help Please.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Couple newb questions. Help Please. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple newb questions. Help Please. - 3/10/2008 9:45:41 PM   
mgdpublic

I have both MT and CC5 but I just got started on both.

Is there a way in either to have an entire "arc" of site rather than just a line that must be constantly rechecked? I'd like to have the fields of fire arc on all the time so I know what my guys are seeing. I'm always surprised at what they can and can't see. If you can't do this (and it makes no sense not to), is there a mod for it? Thanks.

2. Often I hear fire and have NO idea where it's coming from or who's being shot at. It would make sense that a soldier had some inclination of where fire was coming from. Is there a way to do this, and if not, is there a mod?

Thanks all.

MD

< Message edited by mgdpublic -- 3/10/2008 9:54:34 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Couple newb questions. Help Please. - 3/10/2008 10:44:55 PM   
Andrew Williams

No entire arc of LOS that I'm aware of.

You can see tracer coming at you or across the map. Also the volume of the sound is higher if you are nearby.

Battle is confusing and ever shall it be so.

(in reply to mgdpublic)
Post #: 2
RE: Couple newb questions. Help Please. - 3/11/2008 12:05:00 AM   
mgdpublic

I don't get it. I'm with you on the fog of war, but if the men in a the unit move around a bit coverage of another unit can be completely lost. Plus tracing a line of site for every unit every time they move even the slightest is just ridiculous. I can't imagine after the myriad versions of this game they haven't put that in. Sorry if I'm ranting but I just bought these games and what I consider to be dumb design just drives me nuts. I'm open to hearing why it isn't dumb design.

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: Couple newb questions. Help Please. - 3/11/2008 3:43:21 AM   
Perturabo

It is dumb design. Atomic Games had 8 years to fix it, but appearently never thought about it.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to mgdpublic)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> Couple newb questions. Help Please. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI