Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Artill-o-fest

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Artill-o-fest Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Artill-o-fest - 9/24/2000 6:22:00 AM   
Seth

Okay, so I start a new campaign as the Germans. My first battle is defend v. Belgium. They begin to shell me. I wait. I wait more. I fold clothes, I take out the trash, I read about twenty pages in a book, I feed the cat, I start a load of laundry, etc. I check back and they're still shelling me. After about 55 minutes, it stops. The map is completely covered with smoke, flames, and craters. Nearly every unit has 99 supression. 2 entire platoons have been wiped out, and I've lost a tank and two other squads. Then the Belgians actually show up. Foreseeing several weeks of bombardment ahead of me, I quit and checked what they had. In addition to quite a lot of units (the list went to FF3 or something) they had 109 BATTERIES of 4.5" FG's!!! The one battery I counted fired 28 shots. Doing the math reveals not only almost certain death for all of my units, but hours and hours of shelling. This is incredibly boring, and really goes beyond challenging into... 'You pick your units and deploy them, and we'll drop a nuke on you, and show up with massive forces.' My force, including support, must have cost around 5000 points. The Belgian artillery alone cost 11445, and they had probably 8-10 infantry companies and 2 or 3 tank companies to boot. That's not fun, it's sick. Is there any reason why the computer is getting so many more points than it's supposed to? I thought that assaulters got maybe twice as much, not 5 or 6 times as much. All preferences related to this sort of thing are at default.

Post #: 1
- 9/24/2000 6:33:00 AM   
dox44

ROTFL...how did the second turn go? casebier

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 2
- 9/24/2000 6:42:00 AM   
Drake

First your crazy to spend that many points. I never go over 1400 in a campaign game vs the computer. I dont even spend my support points. If you have true troop costs on and you have AI advantage on I would expect them troop numbers with the low experince Belgium has. I bet their was more but more then likely the computer ran into the 400 unit limit.

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 3
- 9/24/2000 7:36:00 AM   
mogami

MIGHTY Belguim captures Berlin (headlines later that week) Turn the artillery on fast and those 109 btrys will only take about 5 minutes to destroy you letting you start over sooner. Where did you get 5000 pts in a campaign? Russia just signed a Pact of Mutual Defence with Belguim so watch out!!! ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 4
- 9/24/2000 8:12:00 AM   
Supervisor

Sounds like one of my scenarios ------------------ Grenadier SPWAW Beta Team

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 5
- 9/24/2000 8:37:00 AM   
Jon Grasham

Is it possible you had their point value set? (to a high number perhaps?) In an assault, they get something like 2or 3 times your total point value. True troop costs would lower their costs furtther, but that still sounds liek a bit much on their part.

?

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 6
- 9/24/2000 9:07:00 AM   
Drake

Its no a bet much at all. with a 1 to 3 ratio in a assault the computer would have about 15000 points with the Bulgiums haveing infantry that cost 10 and less and their armour not much more points wise they are going to end up with a very large force.

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 7
- 9/24/2000 10:43:00 AM   
mogami

After review Russia has cancelled her alliance with the paper Tiger Belguim. If the computer spends 11000 pts on artillery it is wasted after that first barrage they can assign 6 btry on turn 1 and then 1 per turn there after. I set this battle up giving computer controlled Germans 5000pts defend mission Belguim computer buy 15000 pts assualt. It is now turn 6 and the Belgiums are in full retreat. The net result of all that arty (my computer bought 120 btry) is 5000 pts of land unit germans against less then 5000 pts Belguim. Don't turn off command control or they can fire all those guns when ever they want. You should score major points in this one killing all those poor Belgians ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction! [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited September 23, 2000).] [This message has been edited by Mogami (edited September 23, 2000).]

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Seth)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Artill-o-fest Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI