Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question - Japanese Players

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> Question - Japanese Players Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question - Japanese Players - 3/24/2008 12:06:44 AM   
IrishWolf88

Newcomer to PureSim but have been playing OOTP for a few years. One of the features that kept me into OOTP was the ability to insert historical Nippon Professional Baseball (NPB) players into the game - legends such as Oh & Nagashima. Is there a way to utilize a "Lahman-style" database of NPB players to put them into PureSim? It seems like it is Lahman or nothing which rules out the Negro League greats as well.
Post #: 1
RE: Question - Japanese Players - 3/24/2008 5:15:55 AM   
KG Erwin

In PureSim, you have the capability to manually create any players you wish. A Lahman-style database for Japanese or Cuban or Negro League or whoever players, to my knowledge, doesn't exist.

(in reply to IrishWolf88)
Post #: 2
RE: Question - Japanese Players - 4/5/2008 6:07:15 AM   
yazfan

Having been able to add some Japanese leagues to the old Baseball for Windows game back in the early part of the decade, I believe there is a site that may work for this but I'm not sure of the address, let me research and I'll post it here shortly.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Question - Japanese Players - 4/5/2008 6:16:06 AM   
yazfan

You might try baseballguru.com, there is plenty of downloadable stats there as well as a wealth of info on the Japanese league.

(in reply to yazfan)
Post #: 4
RE: Question - Japanese Players - 4/6/2008 3:47:12 AM   
Frozen Stiffer

Please note IrishWolf, that though Yazfan's site may provide all the info you need, you will still have to create these players manually. I would have to agree with KG in saying that there is no existing database from which you could simply import these foreign players as easily as you import regular MLB players off the current Lahman database.

"It ain't braggin' if you can do it."

-Hall of Fame pitcher Jerome 'Dizzy' Dean

(in reply to yazfan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> PureSim Baseball >> 3rd Party Add-ons Area >> Question - Japanese Players Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI