Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitP Problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> WitP Problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitP Problem - 4/15/2008 7:08:57 AM   
Obi_1

I just installed War in the Pacific today, followed by the 1.804 & 1.806 patches. Everything so far seems to run right, except for 1 little thing:

On page 31 of the tutorial, I am unable to tell the 2nd Air Combat TF to follow the 1st one! All I get is the tactical map, with nothing else on the screen. If I right-click anywhere on the map, I go back to the TF screen, but the game will not let me tell any TF to follow another one! Any suggestions on how to fix this problem...and has anyone else run into this?
Post #: 1
RE: WitP Problem - 4/15/2008 9:58:36 AM   
invernomuto

Did you create the correct TFs? I've just created 2 Air Combat TFs in the tutorial, and set 2nd tf to follow the first. You have to LEFT click the "SET TF TO FOLLOW" button in the TF screen and LEFT click on the map on the TF icon to follow.

Bye

(in reply to Obi_1)
Post #: 2
RE: WitP Problem - 4/15/2008 8:03:14 PM   
Obi_1

Woohoo! Finally it clicks! I had been looking for the red icons in the gray bar at the bottom of the screen, which aren't there, obviously. I just couldn't comprehend for the longest time that I must click on the ship icon in the Palau hex itself!! When I did that, it worked perfectly, of course. D'oh! Thanks for setting me on the right path!

(in reply to invernomuto)
Post #: 3
RE: WitP Problem - 4/15/2008 10:33:15 PM   
goodboyladdie

Don't forget to set reactions to 0 for the following task force to prevent it charging off (it won't always - watch the aggression levels of commanders). It will also need a different home base or it will seperate as soon as the initial destination is reached and head home independently. They get pretty strung out and then become vulnerable to vengeful Jap torpedo-bombers.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Obi_1)
Post #: 4
RE: WitP Problem - 4/15/2008 11:23:57 PM   
Speedysteve

Welcome by the way Obi_1

WitE 2 Tester
WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> WitP Problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI