Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changes in Lost Victories

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changes in Lost Victories Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changes in Lost Victories - 3/27/2002 2:41:17 AM   
Grenadier

Hi all,
First of all, on behalf of the entire team I want to thank all of you for your patience and understanding. It is our sincere hope that your patience has been rewarded with this definitive "Directors Cut of Lost Victories". The changes are myriad, but the single most inmportant is that the core force was revised, this solved al host of problems, such as the AO changing from Vebber to an unnamed leutnant after the 3rd or 4th battle and the entire list of non core force units becoming all lets or unnamed or with the same name and the issue of leaders with low and incorrect ratings like for infantry and armor ratings. This also solved the problem with the sound files playing inconsistently as it appearred to be a memory leak. Now all the sond files play consistently, so If you never heard the speech by Dr Goebbels or By Hitler in the game, or the Wochenshau OKW communiques, you will now.

All the scenarios in the MC, 260 total, were checked to make sure the OOB's and objectives were correct and that the core force worked properly in all of them.

Many of the sound files were redone to deal with the low volume issue and to add the musical prelude to the OKW communiques. The sound files are in a separate download for those of you who want them.

Many more documents were added and photos captions redone that were incorrect. The translations for all the German sound files are now part of the main breifing instead of a separate document in the documents section as are the lyrics for the German marching songs

The entire storyline of the MC was redone to be consistent with the "you are there" feel of the MC. The results descriptions are more personalized and there is more dialogue in the battle descriptions and the debreifings.

The battle descriptions also have more historical background added to compensate that the documents section could not contain all of it in close relation to the time line. There is a much more detailed history of the battles of Radziechow, Dubno, Uman , Kiev and the Crimea, most of this now being in the battle breifing.

There are a few new added features to make this more historical such as the remote detonated mines The Russians used in The Crimea and one of the most nefarious weapons of the war. You Will have to play it to find out

Because of all of these changes, I highly recommend you start Lost Victories from the beginning. Again, thank you for your patience and understanding. You are, without a doubt, the greatest buch of gamers in the entire wargaming community

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://
Post #: 1
- 3/27/2002 2:52:35 AM   
Bing

Thank you very much Brent. I am eager to restart MCLV - I have just been to the Matrix Games website and the new LV isn't there. When can we get started on the download?

Bing

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 2
- 3/27/2002 2:55:27 AM   
Larry Holt

Brent, Thank you for this explaination but "where is the beef"? Is the patch ready yet? Where is it? Or were you just letting us know what it will cover when it is out?

I am salivating!!

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 3
- 3/27/2002 4:06:25 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

I am posting the patch now...... give me 10 more minutes.....

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 4
- 3/27/2002 4:22:16 AM   
Larry Holt

I am getting it now!!! I am sooo glad I checked one last time before going home! My kids may starve tonight as I will be too busy playing to make dinner or eat myself.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 5
- 3/27/2002 4:32:34 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

I am posting the patch now...... give me 10 more minutes.....

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 6
- 3/27/2002 5:11:20 AM   
Fallschirmjager

Excellent...

I was putting off my transfer to the East Front until the patch.

I was supossed to go to a movie with someone tonight but screw that Im taking the first train out to Ukraine.

June 22nd is going to come a bit early this year...

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 7
- 3/27/2002 8:03:08 AM   
rich12545

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]Hi Guys

I am posting the patch now...... give me 10 more minutes..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Where are you putting it? I must be getting old since I can't find it.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 8
- 3/27/2002 8:20:46 AM   
Bing

David - Whatever you guys did with the Matrix server, it is now one of the best I use on a frequent basis - got the game patch and the sound patch files at an average of 140 to 150 Kbs download speed (cable). About 1-1/4 minutes apiece. During Net prime time!

The only thing: Might have some one look at the spelling of the word "campaign" - this won't bother anyone except old fuss budgets like myself. Still, if it is worth spelling, it is worth spelling it right.

No problem at all finding the files.
http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/index.php and click on Downloads, follow your nose from there.

Brent and the LV crew deserve a nice R&R - Tokyo maybe? Oops, wrong war. Make it a dacha on the Black Sea. Oops, wrong side. Make it ... Peenemunde in January. Great weather.

All kidding aside: Great work, guys, simply great work all the way around.

Bing

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 9
- 3/27/2002 8:54:50 AM   
rich12545

Ah, thank you. I went to the LV page and then to downloads.

(in reply to Grenadier)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changes in Lost Victories Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI