Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Morale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Morale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Morale - 6/23/2008 5:43:21 AM   
goodwoodrw

Early war morale seems to kill federal expansion ideas dead! what is the best and quickest way to improve federal morale. In several early battles I seem to have the upper hand only to see rapid declining morale of troops stumping me each time.
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Morale - 6/23/2008 6:02:04 AM   
Gil R.

The ways to improve quality more quickly at the outset are to attack and lose (which gives the soldiers experience), and put generals with high leadership ratings in command, since they'll have a better chance of training units. And also use your resources to purchase new infantry instead of mustering, since those units have much higher quality.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: Morale - 6/23/2008 7:55:54 AM   
GShock

Adding: Work out a solution with less troops stacked in the same territory. Troops lower their disposition when hit by epidemics. Hospitals do help but the Union Morale was low indeed in the first phase of the war. Seek the low morale troops and disband the units to "feed" manpower to others. Avoid mustering unless necessary, take good care of supply levels, which is one of the most underestimated problems by the common player and whose management is key to victory at high difficulty levels, avoid also doubling horse/arty attribute. When unit is converted, the quality is halved, and so is the corresponding result on morale.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Morale - 6/23/2008 6:13:40 PM   
Ingtar

Doubling horse/arty attribute?  I'm feeling dense this morning.  I'm guessing that I need to reread the manual again about supply.  This weekend is the first time I felt as if I was getting a good handle on getting the economy going, getting the research needed set up, and still producing enough units.  The rules in these areas are not difficult, but it does take a good deal of experience to get the right balance.  (This is a plus to me.)

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Morale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI