Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any online activations?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Any online activations? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any online activations? - 7/3/2008 8:55:53 PM   
Druswid

Just a quickie, does either this game or Crown of Glory utilize online activations? What with the growing rash of piracy, more companies seem to do that... but I refuse to buy something that limits my control over how many times I can install it. It's stealing from the customer, really. So, that's it. I'd appreciate it if anyone could help me out.
Post #: 1
RE: Any online activations? - 7/3/2008 10:22:02 PM   
cesteman

Well, I am speaking from personal experiance and I've never had a problem reinstalling any Matrix game. I'd say that I've reinstalled FoF at least three times with no issues. All you need is the .exe file you download after buying the game( or the physical copy if you had them send it to you) and the serial number. It's that easy. I have three other Matrix games and I've reinstalled them 3-4 times as well. Hope this helps.

(in reply to Druswid)
Post #: 2
RE: Any online activations? - 7/3/2008 11:21:01 PM   
Greybriar

I just installed the retail boxed version of Forge of Freedom I ordered and the only thing I had to do was enter the serial number that is on the CD. I also had to enter it when I patched the game.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to cesteman)
Post #: 3
RE: Any online activations? - 7/4/2008 12:06:14 AM   
Druswid

Thanks guys. I've been milling about picking up some various matrix titles, and I've never bought anything from them before, so I like sounding out my options. It'd be boxed copies with me all the way, too. I like having the game on hand if I need it.

(in reply to Druswid)
Post #: 4
RE: Any online activations? - 7/4/2008 12:54:38 AM   
cesteman

Make sure you register you game when you get it! Helps with updates and if you ever lost your serial number you can get them at the matrix.com site. Cheers.

(in reply to Druswid)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Any online activations? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI