Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New copy of WITP

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> New copy of WITP Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New copy of WITP - 10/4/2008 8:02:49 PM   
hbrsvl

Hi-I'm thinking of getting a new copy of WITP. I've had my present one since the game came out-2004 wasn't it? Present copy seems to be doing strange things, like not following the "TF to follow " order for more than one turn, etc. I'd also like a fresh copy for AE.

My question is, will a new copy have all the versions on it? By this I mean v1.2,v1.3,v1.6,v1.8, etc. If it does not, what are the essential Vs to install?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

Post #: 1
RE: New copy of WITP - 10/5/2008 12:07:35 AM   
ericl

what's the point of getting a new copy?

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 2
RE: New copy of WITP - 10/5/2008 2:35:55 AM   
BrucePowers

Before getting a new copy, dowload the patches then uninstall and reinstall the game. Patch up with the downloaded patches in the correct order.

(in reply to ericl)
Post #: 3
RE: New copy of WITP - 10/5/2008 2:42:39 AM   
Nomad

If your TFs are only following for one turn, then you are not setting them to patrol/do not retire. If you don't, they will not follow for more than one turn.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 4
RE: New copy of WITP - 10/6/2008 1:42:52 AM   
JeffroK

I rarely set my followign TF's to patrol/do not retire and rarely have problems with them following.

Check your leaders, fuel levels etc and Transport Tfs may be disinclined to follow a CVTF into a combat zone. You may also have probs with a slow TF following a fast TF.

PS, I think if you buy a new game it isnt patched to the latest level, be buggered if I know why Matrix do this but its SOP.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 5
RE: New copy of WITP - 10/6/2008 2:34:12 PM   
Charbroiled

quote:

ORIGINAL: hbrsvl

Hi-I'm thinking of getting a new copy of WITP. I've had my present one since the game came out-2004 wasn't it? Present copy seems to be doing strange things, like not following the "TF to follow " order for more than one turn, etc. I'd also like a fresh copy for AE.

My question is, will a new copy have all the versions on it? By this I mean v1.2,v1.3,v1.6,v1.8, etc. If it does not, what are the essential Vs to install?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

If you ordered your copy through Digital Download, you can download 1.5 comp at no charge. The apply 1.804 comp....then 1.806.

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> New copy of WITP Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI