Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

aaargh... gliders landing off the map!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> aaargh... gliders landing off the map!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
aaargh... gliders landing off the map!!! - 5/5/2002 8:53:12 PM   
mao

I am playing one of the MCLV scenarios; one of my gliders made a perfect approach but landed just off the right edge of map (i.e. the glider landed 1 hex to the right of the rightmost column of hexes). I can see the unit in the unit list, and through that I can even select the unit and SEE the shaded movement area... but I cannot move the unit!! :mad: Any hints?

Post #: 1
- 5/6/2002 9:55:13 AM   
Warrior

I've had a similar thing happen with paratroops. Unfortunate, and fairly rare, but not unusual. Write it off to the fortunes of war.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 2
- 5/6/2002 8:07:02 PM   
Supervisor

It's under investigation in the next LV patch. Stay tuned

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 3
- 5/6/2002 8:12:23 PM   
mao

I won the battle anyway... but my Brandenburger squad was teleported to another dimension...:eek:

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 4
Re: aaargh... gliders landing off the map!!! - 5/6/2002 10:46:40 PM   
11Bravo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mao
[B]I am playing one of the MCLV scenarios; one of my gliders made a perfect approach but landed just off the right edge of map (i.e. the glider landed 1 hex to the right of the rightmost column of hexes). I can see the unit in the unit list, and through that I can even select the unit and SEE the shaded movement area... but I cannot move the unit!! :mad: Any hints? [/B][/QUOTE]

Just an idle thought....

Splash damage the unit by targeting an adjacent visible hex with large caliber warheads. With sufficient casualties, the invisible unit might be inspired to retreat toward the retreat hex. This motion may reveal the unit in a visible hex.

Or try doing this....

Lean back in your chair, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Slowly exhale while counting backwards from 10, taking care to repeat each number several times before decrementing. Open your eyes. Then punch the monitor repeatedly until the game abruptly ends.

:)

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 5
Re: aaargh... gliders landing off the map!!! - 5/7/2002 1:58:30 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mao
[B]I am playing one of the MCLV scenarios; one of my gliders made a perfect approach but landed just off the right edge of map (i.e. the glider landed 1 hex to the right of the rightmost column of hexes). I can see the unit in the unit list, and through that I can even select the unit and SEE the shaded movement area... but I cannot move the unit!! :mad: Any hints? [/B][/QUOTE]
Have your tried lighting up the run way lights! I hear that it is much easier for planes to land when the runway is lighted up, maybe it works the same for gliders. :)
Or if that does not work you could shoot them down as they come in that tends make them crash er land quicker. :)
Or maybe if they are off the map you could through a big party to see if they would come over and see what it is. :)
Or you could restart the senario until they land on the map.:D

Just a few sugestions.:D

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 6
Glider landing Accuracy - 5/7/2002 11:41:59 PM   
RockinHarry

no help for your current problems guys, sorry.:(

What scenario designers can do to improve the accuracy of glider and para landings is to make sure they fly straight against wind direction!
There´s no indication what wind direction is in a SPWAW scenario, but there´s a Byte in the data that can be edited to your liking.

Ectizens SDQ pack module"Smoke machine" allows the setting where the wind should come from in a scenario/map. Set it to coming from North-east maybe and set the glider/transports entry hex from South-west, flying to North -east. This makes landings most predictable, although they usually overshoot by 1-2 hexes.

SDQ (Scenario Designer Quickies) can be found here:

http://www.ectopia.net/~ectizen/

_________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

(in reply to mao)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> aaargh... gliders landing off the map!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI