Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Important for International Shipments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Important for International Shipments Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Important for International Shipments - 5/22/2002 12:14:36 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

I want to know if you were a person out side of the US that order UV directly from us. If so did you pay a brokerage fee. If you live in Canada and shipped via UPS ground you do not need to leave any information. If you live somewhere else I need to know that following. Your name, MTX# and what the fee was. I am doing my own research here so there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks
Post #: 1
- 5/22/2002 7:39:21 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

Not sure which fee is which, but I ordered four copies to Finland, paid 179,96 for the games, 22% value added tax to Finland, 1.7% customs fee (or something) and 28.95 for shipping.

I just received the games in good condition (very good packaging). I wasn't expecting a plastic dvd box just like the ones on store shelves these days, complete with bar codes and everything. Battlefront and Shrapnel Games just wrap their manuals along with the CDs in a shrinkwrap. Have you considered selling this wonderful game on store shelves? I work at a pc games retailer in this neck of the woods (Finland) and I know Uncommon Valor would sell from the shelves of our chain, Stockmann. Drop me email if you are interested, I know a couple of import companies who have done this kind of thing for us before.

And now, I'm leaving work for home and I'm going to start my first game of UV. :D

[COLOR=red]+++ Edit: ORDER NUMBER MTX54989[/COLOR]

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
Shipment to Spain - 5/22/2002 8:17:07 PM   
Bliztk

Hi, just recived it now. :D

While I`m installing it I reply :)

I payed of Tax Arancel 1.05 EU
And from other Taxes 15.50 EU

It`s more or less 17.70$

So with shipment it costed me 44.99$ + 29.38 $ +17.70 $

¡ OUCH ¡

Also other note. I have to foward my Fiscal Identification Number, UPS they invoked it and did delay 1 day on the airport.

So at least to the shipments to Spain please request the Phone Number to UPS to contact or a NIF

Mnn it has finished to install, I will over for the next two weeks
:D :D

Post #: 3
- 5/23/2002 12:02:11 AM   
kvob

Hi. I'm from Scotland and I paid £19.42(not sure what this is in dollars but probably about $30).
Of that payment, almost half seemed to be in a handling charge from UPS and the rest in tax. Still, I'm not that bothered as the game is worth every penny.
Hope this helps.

Post #: 4
hi - 5/23/2002 12:11:46 AM   
U2

Hi!

Payed 122 swedish krona (kr) . 10kr is 1 dollar. 5kr was customs fee and 117 tax. So 12,2 dollars in total. I would pay 200 dollars for this game if I had to!

Dan

Post #: 5
hi - 5/23/2002 12:12:23 AM   
U2

Hi!

Payed 122 swedish krona (kr) . 10kr is 1 dollar. 5kr was customs fee and 117 tax. So 12,2 dollars in total. I would pay 200 dollars for this game if I had to!

Very sorry for the double posting guys.

Dan

Post #: 6
- 5/23/2002 2:58:38 AM   
David Heath

Guys

You may very well be getting credits from UPS. I think they may have overcharged you and I am researching that now.... I MUST have the information I requested above. MTX# numbers are the most important. I will keep you all posted.

David

Post #: 7
- 5/23/2002 10:53:49 AM   
kvob

Sorry. Forgot to put in my number.
MTX54328

Kenneth O'Brien

Post #: 8
My Matrix Order - 5/23/2002 12:23:49 PM   
Bliztk

Hi my matrix order was #MTX53950

Best Regards

Alvaro

Post #: 9
- 5/23/2002 12:26:08 PM   
David Heath

Guys

PLEASE at least read the POSTS I already made. I need to know the fees you paid. Where you required to pay anyone money when the UPS driver came to your door.

Post #: 10
Brokerage fee - 5/23/2002 9:50:04 PM   
Chris21wen

Chris Hargrave, UK. MTX54495. Cost me £10 approx $15 -$16.

Post #: 11
- 5/23/2002 10:09:01 PM   
cverbrug

Hello,

I live in Belgium and ordered for the first time directly from Matrix.

and again it happened (it ONLY happens in Belgium if you use UPS ! NEVER if you use ordinary package mail)

UPS forced me to pay them another 21.05 EUR, about 19 USD. On top of the 23 USD i alread paid for UPS shipping the game for Matrix.
My order ID was MTX54493.

So i paid in total 44.95 + 23 USD + 19 USD !!!!

Note: i ususally order Games via Chips and Bits, over the years i have ordered around 10 games there and NEVER was forced to pay anything extra. Chips and Bits allow you to have it delivered with ordinary mail services (normal mail - not courier) and when those guys deliver it to you, you never have extra charges.
Only when UPS delivers they always screw it up and you have extra costs.

Another solution is that you would put 'gift' on the package when UPS delivers instead of the real value, after all, you give the damned game to yourself. Then you do not have to pay these extra costs.

Regards,
Christophe

Post #: 12
- 5/24/2002 1:28:24 AM   
fogg62

Hello!
I live in Italy.
I buyed two games (for a total of around $85) and, other than $29,32 of shipping by UPS, I had to pay 17,50EU (around $15) of taxes. I was contacted by UPS and they asked for my fiscal number. I ordered other games in USA that were shipped by ordinary post and I had never to pay more taxes. This is the first time.

* ORDER ID: #MTX54792

Piero

Post #: 13
- 5/24/2002 3:19:01 PM   
Bliztk

I have ordered many packages from the US (Including Ebay & Amazon, etc) and NEVER payed anything more. Also I always used regular mail, not UPS or other delivery company.

I called UPS and they explained me that this fee was for import fee and taxes. Also they demanded my fiscal ID.

I didn´t recieved the package, my mother recieved the package and she payed 16.55 Euros to the UPS guy.

I have the pro forma invoice for the fee that I payed, so maybe you want a copy. If I recall its a UPS invoice, not a official spanish invoce, but I have the invoice at home, not here at work.

My order was MTX53950

Its this all the info you need David ??

Post #: 14
UPS brokerage and Tax - 5/24/2002 4:53:38 PM   
Nominoe

David,

I ordered the game through Matrix games choosing UPS express delivery (22 $ shipping cost).

I had the game delivered in London, UK and had to pay UPS an additional 18 £ (roughly 26 $). They told me it was for Taxes and brokerage fees (Cash On Delivery).

As most of European gamers I am used to buy games from the US without paying anything additional to shipping.

Order: MTX54417, Shipped via 012 UPSWE on 2002-05-14 00:00:00: 1ZRV89146643208431

Great game in any case, congratulations.

Post #: 15
solution !!!!!!!!! (and its n easy one - 5/24/2002 5:14:50 PM   
cverbrug

Dear Matrix people,

If you read the last few posts, the solution to this overcharging by UPS is fairly simple, just include AN EXTRA DELIVERY POSSIBILITY (ordinary package mail) in the purchase order form from the eStore of Matrix.

Then no extra charges are added. I agree it will take a few days more for the game to arrive to the client, but who cares when you can save around 20 USD with that...

Do you think you can do that Matrix?

Gallo

Post #: 16
- 5/25/2002 3:09:06 AM   
JDDT

The legal situation is clear: If you import something from out of the EU into the EU, you have to pay (import) value added tax. If a company from the US puts "gift" onto the tax declaration, that is illegal (even for the US company, as contracts between almost all western coutries exist, regulating that each country has to put laws into effect that prohibit such actions).
You just pay the value added tax that you would also pay, when you buy anything in your local store.
In addition there is, however, ca. 4% real import tax plus a charge by the freight forwarder for handling, if customs inspects the parcel.

Post #: 17
- 5/25/2002 8:49:56 AM   
David Heath

We had a very heated debate about this and UPS promise to have answer for us on Tuesday. The fees are not from Matrix but the Govt of the importing country. Do not expect any credits but either these extra fees will be paid by UPS or something on that level. UPS really does not want us to pull the account so I am sure something is going to be done for future orders. Now for the second part of this question, why not ship via USPS. We can not use USPS or any non full tracking shipping service. Our credit card bank will not allow us to ship is this manner. When we did it was a major problem. Remember the other option is to buy our games from one of our dealers.

David

Post #: 18
- 5/25/2002 9:25:50 AM   
Griffin

Live in Hong Kong, ordered directly from MatrixGames, arrived in 3 days, counting from shipping date, and no extra fee other than expensive UPS cost.

Post #: 19
JDDT is right - 5/25/2002 2:05:05 PM   
Tuomas Seijavuori

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David Heath
[B]We had a very heated debate about this and UPS promise to have answer for us on Tuesday. The fees are not from Matrix but the Govt of the importing country. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whether you are in Belgium, Italy or Spain - or Finland like myself - you are supposed to pay taxes, even for things shipped from outside the European Union. UPS pays them for you and then charges them from you. In my case they will send a bill afterwards instead collecting the money upon delivery. I was very happy with they service and the full tracking they provide.

Re: Chips & Bits and shipments marked as 'gifts'

If C&B ships games marked as 'gifts' when they are in fact products for which value added tax must be paid, I don't want to do any business with them. That's why I ordered all my SPWAW megacampaigns directly from Matrix Games. I want to pay due taxes for everything I buy.

Post #: 20
Charging By UPS for UV - 5/25/2002 2:11:25 PM   
davidjruss

UV order MTX54349

Re your post re charging buy Ups - I was also requested to pay Pds Stg 19.42 by UPS on arrival of game in UK - sent from USA Tuesday , delivered Thursday - no complaints over the delivery service - congratiulations on a brilliant game .
DavidR

Post #: 21
Chips and Bits - 5/25/2002 4:52:56 PM   
cverbrug

just for the record - and to avoid a misunderstanding which already arose:

Chibs and Bits do not put 'gift' on the package.

They use ordinary mail for delivery. The ordinary mail services, which are gov't agencies in most european countires, do not cash in the extra taxes. So by using ordinary mail, like chips and bits do, it goes completely legal, and you do not have to pay anything extra, IN PRACTISE.

Post #: 22
- 5/27/2002 1:17:13 PM   
Sun Tzu

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Griffin
[B]Live in Hong Kong, ordered directly from MatrixGames, arrived in 3 days, counting from shipping date, and no extra fee other than expensive UPS cost. [/B][/QUOTE]

Same case for me (my real name: Jonathan Kan, order#: MTX55078). And I think I'm the only customer from Hong Kong...:D

"...one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Subduing the other's military without battle is the most skillful." Sun Tzu, _The Art of War_. Chapter 3, Strategy of Attack.

Post #: 23
- 5/28/2002 3:56:03 AM   
xor

Ok, I might be the resaon for this being posted here, since I wrote an email to Erik on this subject a few days ago. Here's my case:

Delivery to Germany. I was charged an additional 17.03 Euros by UPS. The UPS delivery person told me this was about "charges by matrixgames not yet covered". (quoting from memory here).

However, the included paperwork breaks the additional charges down to:

00.97E customs
16.06E EUST

So, even if there's no additional UPS charge involved, someone would have to explain how they get to an additional charge of 16 Euros on a product that sells for $45, given that the EUST tax rate is 16% according to :
http://www.zoll-d.de/b0_zoll_und_steuern/a0_zoelle/l0_einfuhrumsatzsteuer/

16 Euros is nowhere near 16% of $45.

xor

MTX54304

Post #: 24
- 5/28/2002 4:57:42 AM   
JDDT

The calculation of EUST (import value added tax) is not only based on the cost of the goods, but also on the freight costs. So you have to add them to the price of the game and you get the amount which is liable to EUST. The customs fee should be roughly 1/4 of it, so perhaps UPS just made a mistake when showing both numbers. Usually, the final invoice arrives a few days or weeks later, may be both amounts will be a bit different.

Post #: 25
- 5/28/2002 7:05:53 AM   
xor

Interesting. Do you happen to have a reference for this? Are you saying that customs should be an _additional_ 25% of the EUST amount?

That would make it:
$45 game +$25 shipping = $70 amount_to_be_taxed
~ roughly E76

16% of which for EUST would be E12.16
25% of which for customs would be E3.04

with a total of E15.20 to be paid to the eurobureaucracies.

That would still be quite a bit less than E17, but not enough to really bitch about. (Maybe enough to start a free trade initiative, though ;))

//----------------
Alright, just to follow up on this on my part. Received my official UPS documents today. All the additional charges involved were in fact covered by some claim made by some eurobureaucracy. So there's no reason to put any blame on UPS in my case.

Interesting though, to what varying degrees such charges are applied. I order things from amazon.com all the time, and I've never had to pay any add'l charges so far.

xor

Post #: 26
- 5/28/2002 1:40:46 PM   
JDDT

I do not have the source info at hand, but import tax is ca. 4% on CDs (there is no import tax on diskettes, but I do not think that we will see a matrix game on diskette any more...).

Post #: 27
- 5/28/2002 7:04:11 PM   
Hood

Hong Kong - Same story...... fast delivery & no extra charges!!

#MTX53915

Post #: 28
Satisfied - 5/29/2002 2:54:46 AM   
Henri

This applies to Canadians, but maybe also to others.

I just received Uncommon Valor today, without any additional charges than the cost of the game I was told on the phone (I forgot, but I think it was around $60 Canadian).

This is a lot better than the two previous games (Lost victories and Starships Unlimited), where I was charged $46 additional to the cost of the game and shipping for certain "brokerage fees". I later received an invoice from UPS breaking this down into about a half dozen items including tax, customs, handling, etc, but still...I can't say is the fault of UPS or of the Canadian government, but I was not happy.

The Canadian distributor gave me the price on the phone, which included delivery by mail. They received the game on Friday and shipped all pre-orders on that day, and I got the game today (Tuesday) at noon from the Canadian Postal service without any additional cost.

The lessor for this is that if you live outside the US (and especially if you live in Canada), it can be much cheaper to order the game from a distributor in your area. Kudos to Matrix for organizing this at least for Canada. Now I know where to order my next matrix games from.

henri

Post #: 29
- 5/31/2002 1:15:36 AM   
petdoc

I'm in Calgary Canada and ordered directly from Matrix. They want a brokerage fee of $33.46 ! Makes this game cost me like $90 Can. Hope its worth it.

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Important for International Shipments Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI