Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Factory/Resource/Oil Repair?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? - 10/19/2009 6:39:32 PM   
Kull

What are the requirements to repair damaged production system elements? I've searched the manual and the forum, but aside from a lot of anecdote, there's nothing in writing from the Devs. I *think* the cost is 1000 supply points per turn per point repaired, with an overriding requirement of at least 10K supply present at the base.

Is that it, or something else?

Also, assuming that 10K is the minimum supply level, when is it "checked"? For example, on Day 2 Chungking has damage to manpower, resources, heavy industry, and light industry, and 9040 supply. Assuming I drive the supply up to 10K, will it repair one point from all four (dropping supply to 6000), or only one point from one of the four (stopping because the level has dropped to 9K).

Edit: Clarifying the second question (changes in italic)

< Message edited by Kull -- 10/19/2009 6:56:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? - 10/19/2009 6:48:59 PM   
Swenslim

1 point per turn, so 1000 supply per turn

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 2
RE: Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? - 10/20/2009 2:01:00 AM   
n01487477

quote:

Also, assuming that 10K is the minimum supply level, when is it "checked"? For example, on Day 2 Chungking has damage to manpower, resources, heavy industry, and light industry, and 9040 supply. Assuming I drive the supply up to 10K, will it repair one point from all four (dropping supply to 6000), or only one point from one of the four (stopping because the level has dropped to 9K).

Edit: Clarifying the second question (changes in italic)

Kull, it will be the former not the latter - at 10K, the 4 different repairing "devices", will repair reducing supply to 6K in one turn. I never repair manpower however and am indifferent to light Ind repair - (unless you are the Allies).

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 3
RE: Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? - 10/20/2009 6:07:03 AM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Kull, it will be the former not the latter - at 10K, the 4 different repairing "devices", will repair reducing supply to 6K in one turn. I never repair manpower however and am indifferent to light Ind repair - (unless you are the Allies).

Damian - Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. So the "Rules of Industry Repair" can be synopsized as follows:

1) The Base must have over 10K of Supply.
2) The Industry Display screen(s) must have Repair toggled "On"
3) It will cost 1000 Supply to repair one "Industry" point.
4) If you have more than one damaged industry at the base, all can have one Industry point repaired so long as the cumulative cost does not exceed the total amount of supply at the base at the start of the turn. (Example: If you have 10K of supply and 4 damaged industries toggled "On", all will have one point repaired at the cost of 4000 supply.)
5) If you have between 11 and 13 (the maximum) industries repairing at a base and there are just 10K supplies, the WitP rule was that industries would be repaired in the device sequence for the base. (AE mechanism is unknown, but probably the same)
6) Repairs cannot exceed one point per industry per turn per base. You can never repair two or more points of damage in one industry at one base in one turn.

< Message edited by Kull -- 10/20/2009 8:29:50 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 4
RE: Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? - 10/20/2009 6:14:46 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

Damian - Excellent, thanks for clearing that up. So the "Rules of Industry Repair" can be synopsized as follows:

1) The Base must have over 10K of Supply.
2) The Industry Display screen(s) must have Repair toggled "On"
3) It will cost 1000 Supply to repair one "Industry" point.
4) If you have more than one damaged industry at the base, all can have one Industry point repaired so long as the cumulative cost does not exceed the total amount of supply at the base at the start of the turn. (Example: If you have 10K of supply and 4 damaged industries toggled "On", all will have one point repaired at the cost of 4000 supply.)
5) Repairs cannot exceed one point per industry per turn per base. You can never repair two or more points of damage in one industry at one base in one turn.

On the money ... No.4, IIRC, if you have 10+ industries repairing at a base and there are just 10K supplies, I think it will repair the first 10 in the device sequence for the base.(but that was a witp test)

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 5
RE: Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? - 10/20/2009 8:24:19 AM   
Kull

quote:

On the money ... No.4, IIRC, if you have 10+ industries repairing at a base and there are just 10K supplies, I think it will repair the first 10 in the device sequence for the base.(but that was a witp test)

Funny you mention that! When I was writing up the "rules", I realized that with 13 industries it was theoretically possible to have more industries needing repair than there were supplies available. Fortunately it seemed like the rarest of rare possibilities, so I ignored it. But now you've filled in the blanks, so I can update the rules. (And if somebody wants to test this out in AE to fully nail it down, please have at it!)

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Factory/Resource/Oil Repair? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI