Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A Fresh Start with Patch 2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A Fresh Start with Patch 2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 11:14:04 AM   
ADB123

I started yet another test game against the AI, this time with Patch 2. I set everything to historical settings and let it go. First turn gave quite historical results, with 4 BBs sunk in Pearl and Repulse and PoW sunk by air attack off Malaya.

I'm really enjoying all of the interface enhancements, and those two additional reference files are great for explaining all the new details, as well as a number of things that I was wondering about before.

I'm still trying to get confortable with Air Unit training. For example, I want to be able to set a bomber unit to 20% Naval Search and 20% Naval Attack Training, but the Training keeps on being shifted to Naval Search Training after I set the main orders, seemingly to match the actual orders. I'm not certain if this is How It Works or if I just haven't figured out the right combination of button-clicks to get to where I want.

Nevr-the-less, this is still quite a fun time-eater.

< Message edited by ADB123 -- 12/10/2009 9:58:23 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 11:43:23 AM   
Dobey455

quote:

ORIGINAL: ADB123

I started yet another test game against the AI, this time with Patch 2. I set everything to historical settings and let it go. First turn gave quite historical results, with 4 BBs sunk in Pearl and Repulse and PoW sunk by air attack off Mandalay.

That's not too historical!

(in reply to ADB123)
Post #: 2
RE: A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 12:35:00 PM   
eMonticello

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dobey

quote:

I started yet another test game against the AI, this time with Patch 2. I set everything to historical settings and let it go. First turn gave quite historical results, with 4 BBs sunk in Pearl and Repulse and PoW sunk by air attack off Mandalay.

That's part of the still classified project called the Bristol Experiment, which went terribly wrong. The British were attempting to send the ships to Kota Bharu to destroy the transports. Unfortunately, they were teleported to the shallow riverbed off Mandalay instead. The Japanese discovered the trapped ships and sent waves upon waves of bombers to sink the ships, primarily to increase their pilots' experience.

Although the AVG were available to provide CAP, the British government were willing to sacrifice the ships to cover up this huge blunder. The British Navy the secured the wrecks from the riverbed after the war and fired up the Experiment again to move them to their current location. To make matters worse, the British government expanded the cover up to include the Japanese by agreeing to purchase Japanese products after the war. There will be a special on the History Channel during the holidays... check your local listings.

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example. -- Pudd'nhead Wilson

(in reply to Dobey455)
Post #: 3
RE: A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 12:56:52 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dobey

quote:

That PoW was a helluva mudder.

The Moose

(in reply to Dobey455)
Post #: 4
RE: A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 9:59:15 PM   
ADB123

Typo correction time....

I should never try to post late at night or early in the morning...

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 5
RE: A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 10:58:50 PM   
Rob Brennan UK

quote:

'm still trying to get confortable with Air Unit training. For example, I want to be able to set a bomber unit to 20% Naval Search and 20% Naval Attack Training, but the Training keeps on being shifted to Naval Search Training after I set the main orders, seemingly to match the actual orders. I'm not certain if this is How It Works or if I just haven't figured out the right combination of button-clicks to get to where I want.

Hello , With training you have several options

1) set entire unit to train in whatever disipline you want

2) set it to default training and all skills improve randomly (quite good for really awful pilots)

3) set a % of the group on a mission of some sort and a % on training for the same mission type

You cannot (as far as i know) set a group to % air search and train a % on any other activity. it Must be the same action. I.E if 30% searching and 30% training those training will train in searching. if you want to train and use ground attack then bomb something as a % and then training will be in the same disipline.

hope that helps

sorry for the spelling . English is my main language , I just can't type . and i'm too lazy to edit :)

(in reply to ADB123)
Post #: 6
RE: A Fresh Start with Patch 2 - 12/10/2009 11:12:22 PM   
ADB123

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Brennan UK

quote:

'm still trying to get confortable with Air Unit training. For example, I want to be able to set a bomber unit to 20% Naval Search and 20% Naval Attack Training, but the Training keeps on being shifted to Naval Search Training after I set the main orders, seemingly to match the actual orders. I'm not certain if this is How It Works or if I just haven't figured out the right combination of button-clicks to get to where I want.

Hello , With training you have several options

1) set entire unit to train in whatever disipline you want

2) set it to default training and all skills improve randomly (quite good for really awful pilots)

3) set a % of the group on a mission of some sort and a % on training for the same mission type

You cannot (as far as i know) set a group to % air search and train a % on any other activity. it Must be the same action. I.E if 30% searching and 30% training those training will train in searching. if you want to train and use ground attack then bomb something as a % and then training will be in the same disipline.

hope that helps

Okay, I can live with that. Just the fact that I can train them in various methods is good.

Thanks

(in reply to Rob Brennan UK)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A Fresh Start with Patch 2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI