Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Could it be possible...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Could it be possible... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could it be possible... - 12/19/2000 3:43:00 AM   
sami heimola

... to add some "experimental tanks" into SPWAW's future icon/oob patches? Something like SPWW2's "German-Russian Edition"? It could be nice to get more tanks to choose (not always same Tigers or Panthers). And Panther II's and other "what-if" equipment for 1946-49 battles... Can Warhorse or other icon gurus of Matrix answer to this? Thanks in advance Sami

Post #: 1
- 12/19/2000 4:39:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

The guys that did that mod for SPWW2 are doing a similar mod for SP:WaW...AFAIK

(in reply to sami heimola)
Post #: 2
- 12/19/2000 4:55:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by sami heimola: ... to add some "experimental tanks" into SPWAW's future icon/oob patches? Something like SPWW2's "German-Russian Edition"? It could be nice to get more tanks to choose (not always same Tigers or Panthers). And Panther II's and other "what-if" equipment for 1946-49 battles... Can Warhorse or other icon gurus of Matrix answer to this? Thanks in advance Sami
Since you have the oob editor needed, you can add all the new equipment that will fit, you just have to have someone do the required research for free. I was going to add the various heavy lift gliders, but as I read further, the primary use of the American one in the Pacific was moving a General's staff car from island to island. Most of the German Me321 were converted to Me323 by adding engines. The American engineless C-47 varient was a one plane prototype, and it goes on and on. I would like to get the mg on the DFS-230 to work though, that extra fire support would be nice. thanks, John.

Post #: 3
- 12/19/2000 8:39:00 AM   
Warhorse

Sorry Sami, little slow on the uptake here!! Stayed up Waaaayy too late last night, drank waaay too much, and ain't used to it, so I'm runnin' on about 3 0f the 8 cylinders in this motor!! I'm always up for new icons, however, we are about out of slots we can freely use without Freds editor, and testing the latest 4.5, it seems it doesn't like the Spilc treatment!! It works ok, but hafta delete the steel.prf file every time now, it gets corrupted!! But hey, I like makin these things so as soon as I get a better handle on the Brit and U.S. icons, we'll check into it, ok?! Later ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 4
- 12/19/2000 3:09:00 PM   
sami heimola

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warhorse: [B]Sorry Sami, little slow on the uptake here!! Stayed up Waaaayy too late last night, drank waaay too much, and ain't used to it, so I'm runnin' on about 3 0f the 8 cylinders in this motor!! I'm always up for new icons, however, we are about out of slots we can freely use without Freds editor, and testing the latest 4.5, it seems it doesn't like the Spilc treatment!! It works ok, but hafta delete the steel.prf file every time now, it gets corrupted!! But hey, I like makin these things so as soon as I get a better handle on the Brit and U.S. icons, we'll check into it, ok?! Later Thanks for response, Warhorse! Paul Vebber said that mr. Mueller-Buschbaum and Badanov (right name?) are making "German-Russian Edition" for SPWAW too... So, check them before you will make "unnecessary" work . But if you are going to add some new stuff to other nations... Sami

Post #: 5
- 12/19/2000 8:57:00 PM   
Warhorse

Yes, preferrably other nations that usually don't get much attention, my favorites, the Minors!! Read of a prototype Italian FlaK vehicle that may have inspired the German Wirbelwind, it was dual 20mm on a 15/42 chassis, that would work!! Also have put in the British Tortoise in my personal, but it's in a slot where I modified the exe. so if I sent that out, you would need to redo the steel.prf every time Throw some ideas my way,..who knows??!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Could it be possible... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI