Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air R&D

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Air R&D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air R&D - 4/6/2010 1:05:17 PM   
zace

I understand that Air R&D was largely added to help the AI out. That said it is in there and there is little knowledge I have been able to find on specifically how it works.

The manual says that everytime you would have built a plane you move the arrival date up 1 month. I have never gotten a message to this effect (has anyone else?).

Has anyone ever had an arrival date moved up at all?
Post #: 1
RE: Air R&D - 4/6/2010 1:32:44 PM   
Chickenboy

Hi Zace,

Yes, you can move up the arrival date of researched aircraft. It's not a matter of building planes, however.

The short version is that when you accumulate 100 research factory points towards an engine or an airframe, there's a *chance* that you will advance the arrival date by one month. AFAIK, this holds for either airframe or engine research programs.

Whether you are able to successfully advance the arrival date or not, you'll get the airframes or engines on the historical date they became available.

Also, IIRC, you don't accumulate any research points towards an item until all of the 'damage' to a particular factory is 100% repaired. There are those that accordingly espouse the benefits of many smaller research factories versus one bigger one-since they repair sooner, they'll be able to contribute to your research pool accumulated sooner.

Hope this helps.

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 2
RE: Air R&D - 4/6/2010 2:27:35 PM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: zace

I understand that Air R&D was largely added to help the AI out. That said it is in there and there is little knowledge I have been able to find on specifically how it works.

The manual says that everytime you would have built a plane you move the arrival date up 1 month. I have never gotten a message to this effect (has anyone else?).

AFAIK the AI isn´t using R&D, is it?

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 3
RE: Air R&D - 4/6/2010 3:14:04 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I didn't answer this in my first go around.

Yes, I've seen arrival dates moved up in the game. You should temper your expectations though. Arrival dates may be moved up a month or two, rarely more. You're not going to get Reppus in 1942, so plan your production accordingly.

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 4
RE: Air R&D - 4/6/2010 6:38:55 PM   
zace

Is there a message or anywhere to check the effectiveness of the R&D?

quote:

Also, IIRC, you don't accumulate any research points towards an item until all of the 'damage' to a particular factory is 100% repaired. There are those that accordingly espouse the benefits of many smaller research factories versus one bigger one-since they repair sooner, they'll be able to contribute to your research pool accumulated sooner.

Can anyone confirm this?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Air R&D - 4/6/2010 8:57:31 PM   
pompack

quote:

quote:

Can anyone confirm this?

IIRC, it was Damian who set up a sandbox with initial large R&D values with and without damage and pretty well demonstrated that factories with any damage contribute nothing. He also demonstrated that large factories will repair R&D "damage" faster than small R&d factories. As usual I can't find the thread now.

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 6
RE: Air R&D - 4/7/2010 11:33:53 AM   
P.Hausser

When PDU is On, and Realistic R&D is Off,   can you comfirm that  R&D Plants start to produce A/C's when aircraft avl. date has been reached.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 7
RE: Air R&D - 4/7/2010 12:13:30 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Can anyone confirm this?

zace,

You will get periodic notices that 'xyz' device was accelerated in your OPS report when it occurs.

(in reply to zace)
Post #: 8
RE: Air R&D - 4/7/2010 6:20:56 PM   
LoBaron

Also the manual contains very vague hints that a couple of small R&D factories produce more points than one large of similar size for whatever reason.

The only one I can think of is that the larger ones require more supply stock to run, but when this is given I don´t know any details about additional differences.
Wonderwhat the manual refers to...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Air R&D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI