Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

invading colonies properly

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> invading colonies properly Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 2:41:18 AM   
teri

after invading a colony i set the taxes to 0. but most of the time they revolt back to their old empire. are there other ways to prevent this?
Post #: 1
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 9:00:48 AM   
Fishman

Take out the rest of the system at the same time, otherwise the cultural defection effect causes them to switch back. If all else fails, blow up the planet.

(in reply to teri)
Post #: 2
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 11:09:47 AM   
taltamir

that is a big problem in my opinion and I complained about it :)

I suggest you invade the best planets first. Aim for the whole system at once if you can, but if not the best planets first...

Keep your reputation good, this will benefit morale on the newly conquered planet.

End the war after conquering some choice targets but before they flip... not being at war with their race improves their morale.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 3
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 2:30:19 PM   
HsojVvad

That is why we need to have martial law on a planet. If you have 10 or 20 ground troops on the planet, it should be under control. No happiness, but no rebellion either. Mind you, you will pay through the nose for maintenance costs, but that is the way it should be. Keeping a planet from revolting dosn't come cheap.

Maybe even have 2 different type of troops. You have your normal ground troops, and martial troops, wich work the same to quell rebellion but cost 10% in maintenance costs but have only 10% of the defenceive value as well. Can't be used to assault a planet at all.

< Message edited by Davor -- 4/28/2010 2:31:39 PM >

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 4
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 2:31:21 PM   
Fishman

You needed way more than those 10-20 troops on that planet anyway, otherwise some asshole AI will jack it in a random transport fly-by.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 5
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 4:01:51 PM   
taltamir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Davor

That is why we need to have martial law on a planet. If you have 10 or 20 ground troops on the planet, it should be under control. No happiness, but no rebellion either. Mind you, you will pay through the nose for maintenance costs, but that is the way it should be. Keeping a planet from revolting dosn't come cheap.

Maybe even have 2 different type of troops. You have your normal ground troops, and martial troops, wich work the same to quell rebellion but cost 10% in maintenance costs but have only 10% of the defenceive value as well. Can't be used to assault a planet at all.

my idea is that troops are either "native" or "alien"...
in a newly conquered world, all troops are alien (or maybe, have a home planet), as time passes they convert from alien to native at a set rate. Rebellion is impossible until a certain ratio between native and alien troops exists... and if it occurs, then the two fight it out.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishman

You needed way more than those 10-20 troops on that planet anyway, otherwise some asshole AI will jack it in a random transport fly-by.

the thing is, if you have 10 troops on it... it will rebel and those 10 troops will join the rebels. For some reason my human marines (from a democracy) feel like immediately joining up with the bug race hive mind... don't ask me why.

< Message edited by taltamir -- 4/28/2010 4:02:33 PM >

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 6
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 4:53:50 PM   
Bartje

Yes, that seems quite wrong, has this been adressed as a bug yet? Or does it still need reportin'?

Get it squashed, like all the other bugs!

bwhaahah!

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 7
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 5:43:58 PM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

the thing is, if you have 10 troops on it... it will rebel and those 10 troops will join the rebels. For some reason my human marines (from a democracy) feel like immediately joining up with the bug race hive mind... don't ask me why.
Well, that's for planets you just conquered. Planets you are planning to hold against the AI need to be heavily betroopened, because the AI is very good at landing troops on planets, even with a starbase present.

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 8
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 6:22:16 PM   
Jaimoe_MatrixForum

quote:

ORIGINAL: taltamir

Mind control. Aren't hive minds run by telepathy?

(in reply to taltamir)
Post #: 9
RE: invading colonies properly - 4/28/2010 7:46:13 PM   
Wayston

best is to invade them all at once idd, there shouldn't be cultural revolutions when you're at war with the race; in fact sufficient troops on the planet should stop revolutions too

(in reply to Jaimoe_MatrixForum)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> invading colonies properly Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI