Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Has this bug been squashed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Has this bug been squashed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Has this bug been squashed? - 12/6/2000 7:24:00 AM   
Anzac

Don't know if it's a bug ... or my ignorance. While playing heroes of the motherland one of my KV1s discovered several JU-52 15 hexes away. Next turn, those JU-52 moved ... 4 or 5 hexes (!) ... that's a speed around 4 km/h. I checked the enciclopedia ... their speed is 4. It's this rigth ? or it's a mistake ? The units are JU-52 Troop, cargo aircraft and i'm playing version 4.3b ... all patches from v. 1.0 Now i must sleep a little to wake up early in the morning to continue playing SPWAW. Saludos a todos, Cona. After playing that exact same battle I too noticed the same thing. These troop transports with SS Commandos were very s-l-o-w-l-y making their way across the battlefield. If they had've landed in the town of Istra they may well have created chaos for me but the battle ended wll before they even got halfway to their destination. I think that was a great shame 'cos they would have added some spice to a one-sided battle. I only saw them 'cos I had a T-34 doing some recon on a hilltop. Anyway my question is why were the transports travelling so slowly? Does anyone have an answer? Please let me know.

Anzac "Lest We Forget"
Post #: 1
- 12/6/2000 7:51:00 AM   
mogami

Hi, were they flying? Sounds like they were on the ground. Did you try shooting at them? ------------------ I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a differant direction!

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 2
- 12/6/2000 8:12:00 AM   
Anzac

Er good question Mogami! ... No I didn't actually think about that one. Taxiing Ju-52s?? Now that's an original concept. I had op fire opportunities to shoot at them but they didn't really get close enough to my tank to try. Now that really begs the question. Why on earth were they on the ground?? Sensible answers please!

Anzac "Lest We Forget"

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 3
- 12/6/2000 8:17:00 AM   
Warhorse

They will act this way if not given a drop zone in the menu for assigning this. Maybe this was forgotten during design,(doubtful), or somehow a bug in the game is screwing up their performance, God I hope not!!;-)Other than that don't know, just that's how they act if you forget to give them drop zone? Hope this helps. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 4
- 12/6/2000 8:23:00 AM   
Anzac

Makes sense Mike. Perhaps you could give WB a ribbing for it then as it was his Heroes campaign that it occured in. Well WB what do you have to say for yourself then? Did you forget the WP's for this collection of units? Or is it something else...

Anzac "Lest We Forget"

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 5
- 12/6/2000 8:38:00 AM   
Cona

quote:

Originally posted by Mogami: Hi, were they flying? Sounds like they were on the ground. Did you try shooting at them?
They weren't flying but taxiing ... I shooted at them but weren't a danger so i rushed my KV-1's to the action. Saludos a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 6
- 12/6/2000 8:50:00 AM   
Anzac

Hi Cona. Is it just me or did you find the Heroes campaign a little bit easy like I did? I have to admit I was playing the 4.2 verion which allows you to keep the reinforcements in your core, so another words I ended up with a much stronger force by the end. I still enjoyed it immensely though, and I'm thinking of making the AI harder for Watchword Freedom. What are your thoughts? WB reckons Watchword is harder but I don't want to read the post on people's verdicts of it because that will spoil it.

Anzac "Lest We Forget"

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 7
- 12/6/2000 6:53:00 PM   
Fredde

Kind of original way to use your air force. Place your cargo aircrafts among the tanks and let them tax cross-country all the way to the drop zone. Actually, i've seen this behaviour in two campaigns. One scenario in the Watchword Freedom campaign and one in Heroes of the Motherland. The AI kept me busy in Watchword Freedom for sure. I'm not sure it needs that much boosting.. if you go through it on the first attempt with decisive victorys only i'm impressed

"If infantry is the Queen of the battlefield, artillery is her backbone", Jukka L. Mäkelä about the Finnish victory at Ihantala.

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 8
- 12/6/2000 11:03:00 PM   
Cona

quote:

Originally posted by Anzac: Hi Cona. Is it just me or did you find the Heroes campaign a little bit easy like I did? I have to admit I was playing the 4.2 verion which allows you to keep the reinforcements in your core, so another words I ended up with a much stronger force by the end.
Tulagi campaign is the easiest of all. Until now, the Heroes Campaign is right in the middle, being Watchword Freedon the hardest. The best of the Heroes Campaign was facing those captured KV's and T-34. Anyway, i got a decisive victory while playing the Heroes ... not really easy, but far from hard. I'm thinking of making the AI thoghtest (damn english!) and replay all the campaigns. Saludos a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 9
- 12/6/2000 11:18:00 PM   
Warrior

This thing with aircraft acting as if they were ground units is something that has happened to me in a number of campaigns (played through various versions as I upgraded). It's obviously not supposed to be that way. For some reason, it always seems to help if you delete the "steel.prf" file from you Matrix Games/Steel Panthers/Save folder (it looks like a little key). I'm getting to the point where I do it every time before I open the game. Steel.prf is the file where your preferences are kept, and SPWaW will generate a new one automatically when you start a new game. The downside is that you have to reset your preferences each time. But it does make a difference, give it a try. [This message has been edited by REMF (edited December 06, 2000).]

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Anzac)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Has this bug been squashed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI