Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover"

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover" Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover" - 11/27/2010 3:34:48 PM   
stolidog

Playing with the latest patch, I typically set the status indicators for Team Info Icons Display to show Cover, I typically do not use the soldier outline display, however I turned it on to check cover as well. I have noticed in other releases if a team is in the open in poor cover the display should show black or red, average cover typically shows yellow, great cover shows green, etc.

In TLD, this is not reflected correctly, teams in poor cover are showing green color on their status indicator.

Note the following example, team in stone building with great cover showing green correctly, team on beach in sand with poor cover showing green as well, should be red or black.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover" - 11/27/2010 5:00:32 PM   
Tejszd

Did a quick test and agree something with Icon Display is not working correctly (black for both teams shown). Soldier outline is as the swamp area is giving green cover while the open field is giving red cover....

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 11/27/2010 5:01:22 PM >

(in reply to stolidog)
Post #: 2
RE: Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover" - 11/27/2010 5:28:01 PM   
Tejszd

Team Info and Soldier Outline seems to work different for Guns as using just soldiers the colors matched.

For the team on the beach in your picture it could that beach provides less cover than the building but still enough to be green???

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover" - 11/27/2010 5:50:04 PM   
Tejszd

Did some more tests and everything is probably working properly.

- tried placing soldiers in all sorts of spots; beach, bunker, hedge, field, houses, trenches, etc. and could not see a problem. Sometimes the team icon and soldier outline were not all the same but the icon seems to show the soldier average. Beach on all maps showed as green cover. So it could be set too high or just barely made into the green level compared to other green cover elements.

Note: when placing soldiers they are prone, if they moved they would lose their cover right away on a beach.

- For the guns I put a gun in a hedge and the team icon and soldier outlines were both green. The point of emphasis here is that the icon is for the whole Team (including the gun and or vehicle) not individual soldiers so it can be different. It makes sense that it would be easier to see the gun then the soldiers who are part of the crew....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 11/27/2010 5:59:18 PM >

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: The Longest Day >> Tech Support >> Misleading/Wrong Color Code for "Cover" Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI