Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/4/2011 1:21:31 AM   
findmeifyoucan

As the Japanese playeer Scenereo 2. I am on Dec 9th/41 turn so already expanded what I could on the first turn but cannot proceed with further increments or start with increments with factories that did not have supply available on turn 1. Eveything is turned on and I select the increments I want and the supply needed on turn 2 but it will not make the change after clicking on the mouse. Supply is expended but no increments in brackets showing.
Am I missing something or is anyone else having the same problems?

I also tried replaying the turn and saving but still the same result. Still cannot increase production anywhere.

Can anyone help me here??
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/4/2011 3:05:30 AM   
bigred

What is the supply level at the bases in question?  IIRC you must have at least 10000 at each base for any production/factory changes to occur.

(in reply to findmeifyoucan)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/4/2011 4:47:14 AM   
findmeifyoucan

I have over 20k supply in some factories and it won't change. I have never had any problems before. In a number of cases I have had less than 5k supply though and still been able to increase by small increments.
I have even tried in factories with large amounts of supply. Surely I don't need at least 10k supply in every factory before I can increase production in any of them?

(in reply to bigred)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/4/2011 6:06:32 AM   
findmeifyoucan

I have found the problem. The Japanese are given virtually no manpower to start the game with. After turn 1 I have less than 3k manpower after patch. In a prepatch game I am playing I have over 100k at the end of of 1/42. I have not changed the way I do my production so I only have 7 count them 7 manpower points which means no expansion for a long time for the Japanese. Now that is a big change. I am not sure if I want to play the Japanese anymore because of this.

Post #: 4
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/4/2011 4:34:22 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

I have found the problem. The Japanese are given virtually no manpower to start the game with. After turn 1 I have less than 3k manpower after patch. In a prepatch game I am playing I have over 100k at the end of of 1/42. I have not changed the way I do my production so I only have 7 count them 7 manpower points which means no expansion for a long time for the Japanese. Now that is a big change. I am not sure if I want to play the Japanese anymore because of this.

Is this an intended change (I hope not) or a bug (I hope)?

Post #: 5
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/4/2011 4:50:27 PM   
findmeifyoucan

All I can say is Japanese players beware. I did not expand too much as supply was limited at most factories before the supply got re-distributed. I noticed all the manpower pts evavorate after the first turn. How can I be producing almost 900 MP pts per day for Japan and start with just 7 at the beginning of the turn. Something fishy going on here.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 6
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/6/2011 8:33:52 AM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: findmeifyoucan

findmeifyoucan -

while this is now obvious, I usually only look only at the supply requirements. Am aware of the manpower needs for expansion to work, but have not payed as close attention as I should; your post has alerted me to this factor in the equation.

Will have to do some research and compare scenarios. My current game, a modded scn 1 (but manpower untouched) under 1108c, turn 2 has 6k or so manpower, am not sure why so low.

Appreciate your work,

Mac

Please continue your research, I will follow this thread closely.

Edit:

Gents, my game began with "replacements on", a first for me, as I usually have this feature toggled off. A post in the tech forum suggested that this setting was the cause of first turn manpower drain; I believe it to be correct. Replacements toggled off, manpower should begin to grow. A good learning experience.

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 2/6/2011 9:00:18 PM >

LAV-25 2147

Post #: 7
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/6/2011 10:58:12 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I have just stated a PBEM scn 2 , i hope if it is a problem it can fixed on games in progress.

i remember in tracker there was some message about manpower...

cav

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 8
RE: Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch - 2/6/2011 3:20:26 PM   
findmeifyoucan

I hope so too. Now that I have got over my road rage I have to rethink my strategy. lol

This is equivalent to reducing the Japanese MP production by one month. Plus I think they have garrisoned a few more islands for the Americans that were not garrisoned earlier in pre-patch.

It looks like if this a permanent change that the designers have decided to go Pro-American and now it is not a matter of having enough supply but manpower. Maybe they felt that the Japanese were expanding their factories too easily or possibly the manpower was not being applied to army replacements properly.

I will work it out and deal with the change but too early to say where these new garrisons are in my game as I am only on turn 2.

It's kind of like the Japanese population decided to go on strike and not support the war effort. Maybe they did decide to go on holiday to North Queensland. :-)

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Cannot expand A/C Factories after latest patch Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI