Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Too little experience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Too little experience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Too little experience - 8/13/2011 2:51:22 PM   
tivi4u

Hi all,
I noticed that it is nearly impossible for your units to gain 500 experience in the course of the campaign.
I just played through a modded "grand campaign", playing an 18-scenario path, and by the end of it all, I did not have a single unit (except 2 strat bombers) that reached 15 strength.

Also, I did have units with 3 leaders (but why do my arty and bombers always get 3x def bonus!?), but could not unlock the third award with any unit. I got iron cross 1st class and knights cross with diamonds, but what would the third award be and how can one get it?

In my opinion that setting is too harsh (on standard difficulty), and it feels like a carrot dangling in front of you that you can never reach.

Any thoughts on that? Or ideas how to get to 15? Buy fewer units?

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Too little experience - 8/13/2011 5:52:10 PM   
Longasc

That you need a long time to get that much experience is a good thing as overstrength 5 star units are able to one-shot almost all opposition.
So consider it to be intentional that it takes a long time.

The question is why do you want to have many core units to have the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds and five stars. A special honor is no longer special when it gets bestowed onto most units.

Also don't forget - there is a huge luck factor involved as well. For example I got only one SE unit during the whole campaign.

(in reply to tivi4u)
Post #: 2
RE: Too little experience - 8/13/2011 5:53:42 PM   
Martin_Goliath

Are you using elite or standard replacements? I guess it would be hard to reach 500 if losses always are replaced with fresh recruits.
My 2 öre...

(in reply to tivi4u)
Post #: 3
RE: Too little experience - 8/13/2011 7:50:44 PM   
Rood

I think the amount of experience a unit gains during an entire campaign is just about right so that you don't end up with too many '5 star' units (only got one unit, a strategic bomber aswell with 500 experience in all of the campaigns I have played).

As mentioned above a 15 strength unit, which would probably include 2 leaders with bonusses aswell, are just immensely powerfull.

(in reply to Martin_Goliath)
Post #: 4
RE: Too little experience - 8/13/2011 8:04:45 PM   
ImaginaryStar

I'm still playing through my first campaign(modded, PG-like) and starting at Norway, my units begin being showered with awards. Last battle in particular, in France, I must have had 3-4 Heroes appear, in addition to about 5-6 medals. I think I had at least a couple three star units at that point.

The way it's been going I'm not sure I can relate to your concerns thus far.

[IMG]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f15/Sin-of-August/ImaginaryStarStudioBanner-2.png[/IMG]

(in reply to Rood)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Too little experience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI