Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? - 11/28/2011 12:00:45 AM   
Tanaka

I just want to edit some of the standard designs but it will not allow me to do so. What am I doing wrong here?

Post #: 1
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 12:03:07 AM   
Nedrear

It is currently used. Scrap all ships using the design or copy it as new.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 2
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 12:03:54 AM   
tjhkkr

I think to copy it as new is the best bet and then rename it...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 3
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 12:16:24 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

I think to copy it as new is the best bet and then rename it...

Great thanks!

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 4
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 1:30:47 AM   
Baleur

copy as new <3
I usually keep ship design on auto to avoid micromanagement, but use copy as new to make specific designs. Works great especially combined with the "upgrade" button that auto-upgrades your design with the latest components :)

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 1:39:18 AM   
DarenDF

I tried the copy as new to upgrade a few things such as my mining platforms (wanted to arm them and since the automation wasn't doing it I did it manually) But I noticed whenever I saved the changes and checked back later it seemed like the designs had been reverted back to how they were without weapons. Not sure hwy its doing that.I am playing Return of the Shakturi btw.

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 6
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 1:42:51 AM   
the1sean

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenDF

I tried the copy as new to upgrade a few things such as my mining platforms (wanted to arm them and since the automation wasn't doing it I did it manually) But I noticed whenever I saved the changes and checked back later it seemed like the designs had been reverted back to how they were without weapons. Not sure hwy its doing that.I am playing Return of the Shakturi btw.

You need to obsolete the type that you just replaced. You also need to disable automatic ship design.

(in reply to DarenDF)
Post #: 7
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 2:35:45 AM   
DarenDF

Ah I'll start doing those things then.

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 8
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 8:46:43 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: the1sean

quote:

ORIGINAL: DarenDF

You need to obsolete the type that you just replaced. You also need to disable automatic ship design.

Are you saying that the below does not work?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baleur

copy as new <3
I usually keep ship design on auto to avoid micromanagement, but use copy as new to make specific designs. Works great especially combined with the "upgrade" button that auto-upgrades your design with the latest components :)

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 9
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 10:59:48 PM   
Franky007

I find the auto updating of my design the most frustating part of the game,
having to constantly monitor if my design are staying the same.

I would suggest a simple solution:
Every design edited or created by the player should be flagged as "Human design".
When using the auto update, Components on "Human design" should be
ONLY REPLACED BY BETTER COMPONENTS OF THE SAME TYPE.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 10
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 11:06:08 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Francoy

I find the auto updating of my design the most frustating part of the game,
having to constantly monitor if my design are staying the same.

I would suggest a simple solution:
Every design edited or created by the player should be flagged as "Human design".
When using the auto update, Components on "Human design" should be
ONLY REPLACED BY BETTER COMPONENTS OF THE SAME TYPE.

Great idea! I am still trying to figure out the best way to do all this!

(in reply to Franky007)
Post #: 11
RE: Why does the game prevent you from editing ship des... - 11/28/2011 11:13:24 PM   
DarenDF

I actually like Francoy's idea. I am fine for letting the computer automate things but it would be nice if I could go into the designs and change some things I see and have the computer take back over after I am done and not undo my changes, but continue them.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Why does the game prevent you from editing ship designs? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI