Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dealing with territory

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Dealing with territory Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dealing with territory - 5/23/2012 10:35:25 PM   
Beag

Hi there.

So, I recently got trouble in my game with the Mechanoids... pity, everything was going so well and suddenly a declaration of war. Playing as Zenox I have some good technology, but theirs is even better, in shields weapons etc.

Are they programmed to attact the player eventually? If I build a colony in a system with mining and gas stations, is that considered provocative? Even if it isn´t in their territory/sphere of influence? Looking at the relations tab I´ve got -42 relations due to "terrible" dealings in the past, but I´ve never refused any of their offers, specially because well, they don´t do any.

Post #: 1
RE: Dealing with territory - 5/24/2012 4:02:23 PM   
Jeeves

Take your weapons off your freighters, that is probably the reason they are angry, armed ships in their home system. As compensation, design freighters with extra thrusters to get speed high enough to escape most pirates. I use 45 as speed for a rule of thumb.

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Beag)
Post #: 2
RE: Dealing with territory - 6/1/2012 11:53:09 AM   
Fishman

You can still put weapons on freighters? I thought they imposed that arbitrary rule just to annoy me ages ago, stopping my fleet of Merchant Battlecruisers. Those were beautiful, watching the AI go pick a fight with them only to be mauled to death by an enraged swarm of dozens of merchie battlecruisers, each of them packing enough firepower to toast their entire fleet on its own. And 45? What are you, an old granny? My baseline speed is about 140 for civs, otherwise my freaking cargo doesn't get delivered in a timely fashion, with 150-200 for warships.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 3
RE: Dealing with territory - 6/1/2012 2:28:40 PM   
Jeeves

Hmm, are you using a mod? I get about 70-80 on warships using Sluken thrusters, so how do you get over 100 and still have room for payload?

Lonnie Courtney Clay

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to Fishman)
Post #: 4
RE: Dealing with territory - 6/6/2012 3:38:54 AM   
Fishman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeeves

Hmm, are you using a mod? I get about 70-80 on warships using Sluken thrusters, so how do you get over 100 and still have room for payload?
Nope, no mod. I do, however, build some pretty monstrous warships, because of said payload requirements, though. When you figure you need about 300 spaces worth of weapons, and maybe another 300 spaces worth of shields and other auxiliary systems on top of the standard 50% engines, that means you're looking at a minimum size of 1200 to get a ship that's capable of accomplishing anything useful. That, or you need to upgrade your thrusters.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Dealing with territory Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI