Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It's almost March and not a single new game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> It's almost March and not a single new game! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/12/2013 10:15:33 PM   
Rtwfreak

Cmon Matrix/Slith let's get with it. What's the status on World in Flames? Is that game in Flames yet or not? How bout some more information on this Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Galactic Civilization killer game "Pandora"? I gotta see dis.
Post #: 1
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/12/2013 10:37:12 PM   
wodin

Next game due will be Buzz game I think. Flames wont be this year..then again you could be lucky and it be near the end of the year but I doubt it. FPG2 is looking close as is Command Modern naval\air operations.

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 2
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 12:44:16 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rtwfreak

Cmon Matrix/Slith let's get with it. What's the status on World in Flames? Is that game in Flames yet or not? How bout some more information on this Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and Galactic Civilization killer game "Pandora"? I gotta see dis.

It is truly disappointing that Matrix is not churning out two, maybe three games a week. SLAAKERS.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 3
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 1:47:20 AM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

It is truly disappointing that Matrix is not churning out two, maybe three games a week. SLAAKERS.

Yes it is! I miss the old days.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 4
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 2:23:10 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Next game due will be Buzz game I think. Flames wont be this year..then again you could be lucky and it be near the end of the year but I doubt it. FPG2 is looking close as is Command Modern naval\air operations.

I'd add Pandora to that. I signed up for the beta but was denied. I was asked to do Modern Naval/Air, accepted but haven't heard anything...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 2:30:10 AM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

Amen. When I first joined Matrix, back in 2000 I had to walk to school uphill, both ways, in two feet of snow. And I did not even have shoes. And Matrix released 8, sometimes 10 games a week. I think I bought nearly 500 Matrix games my first year alone. Ah, the old days.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 6
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 2:33:32 AM   
nicwb

Late last year I recall Gil R was forecasting Brother against Brother for the first half of this year

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 4:35:22 PM   
wodin

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm...I've never known Matrix to release lots of games continually..

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 8
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 5:30:52 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmmm...I've never known Matrix to release lots of games continually..

Oh sure they have, back in the 'good ole days' Matrix released hundreds every year.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 6:27:34 PM   
SLAAKMAN

Who needs "new games" when one has the best games;

Attachment (3)

Germany's unforgivable crime before the Second World War was her attempt to extricate her economy from the world's trading system and to create her own exchange mechanism which would deny world finance its opportunity to profit.
— Winston Churchill

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 10
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/13/2013 7:00:04 PM   
warspite1

Agreed - if you have the best - you need look no further

Attachment (2)

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to SLAAKMAN)
Post #: 11
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 2:36:12 PM   
Rtwfreak

We need a new Steel Panthers remake/update (to 2d or 3d isomectric) so bad it hurts. I wanna see infantry in Steel Panthers look like those in Panzer Command: Osfront and the tanks could look like Panzer Corps only more isometric view. I never have really enjoyed top down or total side view.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 12
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 5:05:41 PM   
ezzler

so far Omerta and colonial marines are both busts.
That's two hopefuls gone west.

Wait for Buzz, pandora, WIF {Ready next year. which next year has yet to be decided.}

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 13
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 9:44:21 PM   
Lützow

quote:

Amen. When I first joined Matrix, back in 2000 I had to walk to school uphill, both ways, in two feet of snow. And I did not even have shoes. And Matrix released 8, sometimes 10 games a week. I think I bought nearly 500 Matrix games my first year alone. Ah, the old days.

Back to Talonsoft times I shaved with a torch every morning and fixed the tie with a pin at my throat. My connection was so slow that I could shake hands with every byte, crawling through the line and it took my like $10,- per minute. Nevertheless I didn't shy away from downloading Campaign Series patches and huge games as Steel Panthers.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 14
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 9:46:51 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lützow

quote:

Back to Talonsoft times I shaved with a torch every morning and fixed the tie with a pin at my throat. My connection was so slow that I could shake hands with every byte, crawling through the line and it took my like $10,- per minute. Nevertheless I didn't shy away from downloading Campaign Series patches and huge games as Steel Panthers.

warspite1

How is that possible?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 15
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 9:51:13 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

How is that possible?

LOL, kudo's to both Lutzow and warspite1...though I don't really mean to compliment warspite1.

Just this morning I had to climb a 677 foot tower that my satellite dish is mounted on, during a blizzard, with 199 mph winds and 6" ice shards hitting me, in order to gain an internet connection to see what you goons were ranting about. I fell from the top of the tower, but fortunately broke only my back. Things are rough in Wyoming.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 16
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 9:54:49 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

How is that possible?

LOL, kudo's to both Lutzow and warspite1...though I don't really mean to compliment warspite1.

Just this morning I had to climb a 677 foot tower that my satellite dish is mounted on, during a blizzard, with 199 mph winds and 6" ice shards hitting me, in order to gain an internet connection to see what you goons were ranting about. I fell from the top of the tower, but fortunately broke only my back. Things are rough in Wyoming.
warspite1

That's terrible - I hope you didn't land on anything valuable.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 17
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 10:01:15 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

How is that possible?

warspite1

Not at all, I hit your fat head.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 18
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 10:07:18 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

How is that possible?

warspite1

warspite1

You're telling me - ouch!!!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 19
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 10:37:52 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Agreed condolences, parusski! Hope your trip to brokeback mountains in Wyoming will let you walk. I can understand being sore after such an eventful day.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 20
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 11:07:20 PM   
KG Erwin

Honestly, I have no interest in any titles under development. All one has to do is visit the remainder of the forum, and there is a glut of available games. I'm perfectly happy with my present collection, which includes the venerable old SPWaW. I STILL have seen nothing comparable to it. Of course, as many of you well know, that game holds a special place in my gaming heart, since I was a contributor to part of its later development. Honestly, if I wanted a USMC WWII campaign on a tactical scale, there's nothing that compares to it. Believe me, I've looked for a replacement to it.

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 21
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 11:14:50 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

How is that possible?

warspite1

warspite1

You're telling me - ouch!!!

That's an improvement on your part.

quote:

Chickenheart mumbles, with his false teeth falling out:

Agreed condolences, parusski! Hope your trip to brokeback mountains in Wyoming will let you walk. I can understand being sore after such an eventful day.

You have become insufferable due to conversing with warpedspittle1.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 22
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/16/2013 11:16:24 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Honestly, I have no interest in any titles under development. All one has to do is visit the remainder of the forum, and there is a glut of available games. I'm perfectly happy with my present collection, which includes the venerable old SPWaW. I STILL have seen nothing comparable to it. Of course, as many of you well know, that game holds a special place in my gaming heart, since I was a contributor to part of its later development. Honestly, if I wanted a USMC WWII campaign on a tactical scale, there's nothing that compares to it. Believe me, I've looked for a replacement to it.

I would give just about anything, yes, that includes warspite's life, to have an updated SPWaW. And you are correct KG that there is nothing like it. To this day I fire that game up several times a month.

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 23
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/17/2013 12:08:38 AM   
goodwoodrw

Command: MAN ops is the one I'm hanging out for. I hope it lives up to expectations. Not a fizza like some recent naval sims releases!

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 24
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/17/2013 12:10:42 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hey guys, we actually have more releases in the works than we have release weeks in the year. When each one is released depends on when it's ready, so sometimes there are gaps or delays, but the goal is always to give you the best possible game.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 25
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/17/2013 1:19:42 PM   
Rtwfreak

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hey guys, we actually have more releases in the works than we have release weeks in the year. When each one is released depends on when it's ready, so sometimes there are gaps or delays, but the goal is always to give you the best possible game.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks Erik for the update. What about Steel Panthers IV? Oh and what about Panzer Command: West front? And what about Command Ops: Normandy or Africa Korps?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 26
RE: It's almost March and not a single new game! - 2/17/2013 2:24:43 PM   
wodin

Erik..so I presume we may see spates of a couple of games released at the same time then.

(in reply to Rtwfreak)
Post #: 27
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> It's almost March and not a single new game! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI