Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 5/17/2013 6:23:41 PM   
LoneWulf63

I just unearthed the box with all of the Panzergrenadier titles I have and as soon as I have gotten JTCS, I can begin this huge project I have wanted to do for some time now. Should have the first scenarios ready for submission by the end of June, maybe sooner. Chris.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.
Post #: 1
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 5/17/2013 8:17:02 PM   
wings7

Looking forward to seeing them Chris, thanks!

Patrick

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 2
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/5/2013 10:42:18 AM   
LoneWulf63

I finished the maps for the PG "Battle for Normandy" title and I am currently working on the maps for the "1940: Fall of France" title. I have completed 41 of those maps and have nine to go. Not sure if I will begin another series of maps from other PG titles or begin working on the scenarios for "Battle for Normandy" and "1940: Fall of France". In the entire PG collection that I own, there are over 1000 scenarios which means there are over 1000 maps and orgs to design. I must be either very dedicated, completely nuts, or both. I may have to buy a laptop so that I can work on these scenarios in my coffin after I die.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 3
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/5/2013 11:29:27 AM   
berto

Both.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 4
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/5/2013 2:56:50 PM   
LoneWulf63

Yeah, you are right.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 5
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/5/2013 9:29:38 PM   
Crossroads

50 maps?! Wow... I would love to see a completed scenario come out, as I am not familiar with the Panzergrenadier card board games...

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 6
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/6/2013 12:12:53 AM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

50 maps?! Wow... I would love to see a completed scenario come out, as I am not familiar with the Panzergrenadier card board games...

I may have misled some into thinking that there are 50 separate maps in the 1940: Fall of France title. Actually, there are eight geomorphic maps that are used to make the maps for a particular scenario (50 scenarios). However, in many of the map configurations there are special instructions with the scenarios to omit or add features to a particular map configuration, so in essence there are 50 unique maps even though there may be some similarities with other maps in the game. I am currently working on the map for scenario #44, so I have only six to go. Then I can start working on the orgs for each scenario and then the scenarios themselves. I am going to do the scenarios for FOF first and then fall back and do the scenarios for Battle for Normandy. That way I will have done two West front conversions for both early and late war enthusiasts. After I complete those projects I plan to move on to the three Allied vs. Japanese titles I have; Jungle Fighting, Guadalcanal, and Kokoda Trail. Chris. .

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 7
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/6/2013 7:04:47 AM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: resinslinger

After I complete those projects I plan to move on to the three Allied vs. Japanese titles I have; Jungle Fighting, Guadalcanal, and Kokoda Trail.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 8
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/6/2013 10:35:06 AM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

quote:

After I complete those projects I plan to move on to the three Allied vs. Japanese titles I have; Jungle Fighting, Guadalcanal, and Kokoda Trail.

Really, you do? How sweet.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 9
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/6/2013 10:59:06 PM   
Warhorse

Definitely need more Pacific action!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 10
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/7/2013 1:53:32 AM   
junk2drive

I'd rather have Pacific first, EF and WF have had lots of choices for years.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 11
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/7/2013 11:06:58 AM   
LoneWulf63

When I started this monster of a project I went at it kind of blind, so I just picked two titles from those that I have on hand and started on them. I will at least finish the work on PG 1940: Fall of France before I move on to the Allied vs. Japanese titles. All I ask of the gamers is that they are patient with me. I am disabled (congestive heart failure) and I have to take numerous breaks from sitting in front of the computer. Be assured though, those Allied vs. Japanese titles will be started right after I have finished with 40FOF. Chris.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 12
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/7/2013 1:09:59 PM   
Crossroads

I was going to write I'd like to see France 1940 scenarios first but then thought yes Pacific scenarios are kinda rare so kept quiet.

Good news, stay the course! ;)

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 13
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/7/2013 3:53:05 PM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

I was going to write I'd like to see France 1940 scenarios first but then thought yes Pacific scenarios are kinda rare so kept quiet.

Good news, stay the course! ;)

Please, do not be quiet. Silence as to what the gamers wants makes it all that more difficult to decide which PG games to convert first, second, and so on. However, there is a French unit that I will be designing for the 1940: Fall of France conversion that does not currently exist in JTCS. Not going to say what it is at the moment because I have to design it first but it will be an interesting piece. Chris.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 14
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/9/2013 8:20:09 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

However, there is a French unit that I will be designing for the 1940: Fall of France conversion that does not currently exist in JTCS. Not going to say what it is at the moment because I have to design it first but it will be an interesting piece. Chris.

Char 2? I have no idea if it is already there or not but I think that is a good unit to start guessing with :)

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 15
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/10/2013 10:56:36 AM   
LoneWulf63

quote:

quote:

However, there is a French unit that I will be designing for the 1940: Fall of France conversion that does not currently exist in JTCS. Not going to say what it is at the moment because I have to design it first but it will be an interesting piece. Chris.

Char 2? I have no idea if it is already there or not but I think that is a good unit to start guessing with :)

Actually, it is the 25mm AT Truck and the self-propelled 194mm gun which is already in the WF German platoon.oob (I just gave it its French designation). So, I was wrong about the 194 SPG. Just didn't look close enough.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 16
RE: Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS - 6/10/2013 11:01:45 AM   
LoneWulf63

One group of vehicles that aren't in the WF German platoon.oobs are the other variants of the SdKfz 250. As most of you know, that little vehicle and its variants played an important part in North Africa. These little gems are in EF so I am going to port them over to WF, unless someone has already done so. What I'd also like to do is come up with some armored commanders, HT and Tank. The half-track versions would be somewhat easy to do but not quite sure how I would do the tank commanders. Any tips would be appreciated. Chris.

(in reply to LoneWulf63)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Update on Panzergrenadier Scenarios to JTCS Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI