Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/20/2013 4:38:30 PM   
Deputy

I don't see any mention of this upgrade. The wish list for it has the last post at TWO YEARS ago. All I see is a few mentions of Modern Wars, which I have NO interest in whatsoever. Has East Front/West Front turned into vaporware or what? Sorry to sound hostile, but update 1.05 has turned into something of a bad joke.

Squad Battles
John Tiller's Campaign Series
Post #: 1
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/20/2013 4:55:28 PM   
scottintacoma

Deputy,

I do believe that when they were talking about the 1.05 update, the comment was that it would be started after Modern Wars was complete. I am also waiting for 1.05, but I am interested in Modern Wars as well.

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 2
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/20/2013 9:02:34 PM   
Deputy

Last I heard Modern Wars actually had priority over EF/WF, which certainly seems like putting the cart before the horse. I guess Matrix Games is more interested in making more $$$ than in fixing what's been broke for YEARS and something many of us have already paid good money for. There are a ton of "modern warfare" sims available and for Matrix to be all hot to bring out another one seems like a gigantic duplication of effort.

Squad Battles

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 3
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/20/2013 10:12:27 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Modern Wars is a stand alone presentation of Matrix. Of course it has priority. They are a company that exists because they make money. Hopefully you can see it that way?

How would you prioritize it?
I guess keeping the company running to be able to release new games and upgrades would be secondary on your list?
Especially for players who only play versus the AI?

Version 1.05 is to come out after the release of Modern Wars.
We have all been champing at the bit for the version 1.05 upgrade. Though, I would hardly say that CS EF/WF are dying due to it not being released right away.

There are clubs that have ladders that feature the series. PBEM has been thriving. Scenarios are being created and added to club data bases almost on a monthly basis.

Refresh my memory. What is so critical to be fixed?

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 4
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/21/2013 1:52:00 AM   
Warhorse

Here's the deal guys, I'm in the developement team for the MW, and I help with darn near everything dealing with CS, and the fact of the matter is, apart from maybe the programmer they just hired, we all work for free...no money. I like to play by email alot, I mod extensively, constantly making BMP's and addressing folks concerns on anything related with JTCS, on top of everyday life and work. That being said, there just isn't enough time in the day to dedicate solely to working on MW, let alone the 1.05 patch, so it's taking awhile. Sorry about that, but that is pretty much at least where I stand in it, I know all the others on the team are equally as tied up, just gotta be patient, it's not like there is a highly paid team working 24/7 on these things!!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to MrRoadrunner)
Post #: 5
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/21/2013 3:21:43 AM   
scottintacoma

Warhorse,

I appreciate all the hard work the team is putting on these games. And I understand the issues.

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 6
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/21/2013 10:34:44 AM   
Warhorse

Thank you sir!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 7
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/21/2013 2:55:09 PM   
Deputy

Sorry, but having unpaid support staff who are fixing things in their spare time doesn't sound like a good way to run a railroad...or a game repair. I would prefer to have PAID employees who are "under the gun" and DON'T get paid unless they fix things or get fired unless they produce, working on things. That is how capitalism works and it's worked pretty well for a long time. BTW...has anyone thought that maybe PAYING someone to work out the bugs in this game, rather than doing things "on the cheap because they can" might get things done quicker and more reliably. We have had previous patches released that had to be "emergency fixed" because they broke more than they fixed. That's why the current patch was released. And the current patch STILL left stuff unfixed that has been broken forever.

YEARS to come out with a patch???????? Come on. We have one guy saying there isn't anything that wrong with the current game, and we have another person saying give us a break, it takes YEARS to fix what's broke!!! Look, I don't want any fancy changes or upgrades to the game. We got that with the last patch and it broke things more than fixed them. All I would like to see in a patch is the most BASIC things fixed. Like the overkill of artillery for the AI. And that dang "back-and-forth to use up movement points" by the AI that has been screwed up since the first release of the game YEARS ago. Telling me that people are "making do with a broken product" isn't any comfort and doesn't impress at all. I would be MORE impressed if Matrix pulled the game off the market until they had this dang thing fixed. Selling people something that has been screwed up for years and is STILL screwed up hardly seems like good business practices. And promising people a NEW product that will most likely need a ton more bug fixes isn't a real excitement factor either. Based on the performance and support given to EF/WF, it would be pretty difficult to sell another game to ANYONE.

< Message edited by Deputy -- 2/22/2013 5:52:24 AM >

Squad Battles

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 8
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/21/2013 5:40:53 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Wow!
Here I thought you were going to bring something to the table after all those months in hiding.

Instead of reverting back to your attack posters method how about saying something?

"Come on. We have one guy saying there isn't anything that wrong with the current game, and we have another person saying give us a break, it takes YEARS to fix what's broke!!!"

Who are these guys?
We were told that things would be fixed in the version 1.05 upgrade. We were also told that the version 1.05 upgrade comes out after the release of Modern Wars.
Your bitching and moaning will not change that fact. Nor, will your lack of understanding of what is behind the scenes going to help you either.

Matrix bought the game. Matrix owns the game. They will come out with upgrades within their own time table.

And, as I previously mentioned, you and the other person who plays against the AI are the only ones miffed about artillery effectiveness and the AI's ability to move it's HQ's around. In PBEM games that is not so much a consideration. The engine is the engine. The AI is the AI. That stuff is in the code?

Modern Wars is taking more time to complete. So, yes, it will be "years" when the version 1.05 patch comes.
And, yes too, there are dedicated non-paid employees working on this. If Matrix had to pay a lot I am sure it would never be done.

Take a chill pill and come back in a few months.

Meep Meep!

RR

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 9
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 1:39:54 AM   
Warhorse

We are the ONLY ones who EVER worked on this game Deputy.... I've been with Matrix well over 13 years now, first started in SPWAW, and kept going, that's how it works, hey, why don't you pay us?! If I could quit my day job, I could certainly knock out icons!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 10
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 6:03:41 AM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

We are the ONLY ones who EVER worked on this game Deputy.... I've been with Matrix well over 13 years now, first started in SPWAW, and kept going, that's how it works, hey, why don't you pay us?! If I could quit my day job, I could certainly knock out icons!!

Really? I seem to remember quite a few fixes put out BEFORE Matrix took over. That's back when Tiller was still around. And the games Tiller is STILL making today are being patched as the need arises. When Matrix "took over" it appears they burned bridges with Tiller. BIG MISTAKE. Now the patching process is done by "hobbyists" who do it in their spare time. I don't do PBEM and I really couldn't care less about that side of the game. Other wargames are able to handle human vs AI combat quite effectively. I see no reason or excuse why EF/WF can't do the same.

Come back in a few months? WHY? They haven't done squat in TWO YEARS. Why would they suddenly release the fix in 3 months? Like I said, I don't need fancy new mods or exotic stuff like cavalry horses leaving trails of dung on the screen. I don't even use the last two patches that were released because of the stuff they included in them. I am using 1.02B and that's about as "advanced" as I want to see in this sim. JUST FIX THE BASICS!!!!

Squad Battles

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 11
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 6:23:34 AM   
danlongman

This makes me think of somebody yelling at the cook in a restaurant.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 12
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 6:29:53 AM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: danlongman

This makes me think of somebody yelling at the cook in a restaurant.

Sorry, but I like my food and my games to be WELL DONE.

Squad Battles

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 13
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 10:31:34 AM   
Warhorse

If you read my post you can gather I meant with Matrix?! Anyway, none of this is my concern, I just work on the stuff, take it up with David, or do something constructive, playing the AI is no fun once you've PBEM'd, trust me, that's all I did until last year! And, I'm sorry, if you aren't playing the latest patches, why bitch, some of that stuff is fixed. Like I said, this will be my last comment on this thread.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 14
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 2:01:33 PM   
Deputy

I love it when people insist that THEIR way is the ONLY way to play a game.

I tried the latest patches and the things I am complaining about are NOT fixed. Oh well...just another VAPORWARE product that COULD have been a huge success.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 15
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 3:19:24 PM   
Crossroads

First:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deputy

Then:

quote:

I tried the latest patches and the things I am complaining about are NOT fixed. Oh well...just another VAPORWARE product that COULD have been a huge success.

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Too bad you can't enjoy the series. I love it to bits.

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 2/22/2013 3:21:59 PM >

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 16
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 3:36:36 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

First:

quote:

Then:

quote:

Pot. Kettle. Black?

Too bad you can't enjoy the series. I love it to bits.

Never said I didn't enjoy the series. If I didn't, I would have tossed the DVD and forgotten about it. I complain because I CARE about it and want to see it improved. And I'd like to see it improved before I meet the grim reaper.

Squad Battles

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 17
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 6:07:33 PM   
MrRoadrunner

Find something else to interest you Deputy.
Your comebacks are quite boring.

You erect strawmen to bash, while you think you are making great comments against someone's post. You pick at Matrix and make stuff up about the Tiller Matrix "split".

No one said that PBEM was the "only" way to play the game. I think it was referred to as the most fun way to play the game. That one poster believed made playing against the AI not so much fun. (That is also my belief.)

You know nothing, make things up, and seem to want to believe your own words.

Stop. Look. Listen. Don't get run over by a freight train.

RR

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 18
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/22/2013 8:08:15 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrRoadrunner

Find something else to interest you Deputy.
Your comebacks are quite boring.

You erect strawmen to bash, while you think you are making great comments against someone's post. You pick at Matrix and make stuff up about the Tiller Matrix "split".

No one said that PBEM was the "only" way to play the game. I think it was referred to as the most fun way to play the game. That one poster believed made playing against the AI not so much fun. (That is also my belief.)

You know nothing, make things up, and seem to want to believe your own words.

Stop. Look. Listen. Don't get run over by a freight train.

RR

LOL...somehow I don't seem to be able to see "person in charge" next to your name. But just the same, I am returning you to my ignore list. Welcome back.

Squad Battles

Post #: 19
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/23/2013 10:26:11 AM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

LOL...somehow I don't seem to be able to see "person in charge" next to your name. But just the same, I am returning you to my ignore list. Welcome back.

I guess I will have to put you on my "lazy ostrich" list?
Go ahead, bury your head in the sand. The part that remains above ground makes more sense than the other part.

I will wear your "ignore" as a badge of honor.
Most intellectually ignorant posters choose ignore when they know they cannot win an argument by discussing the facts in a civil manner. A small few use ignore because they grow weary of being attacked by those that erect strawmen and do not bring anything to the table.

Since you were never "attacked" but simply asked to bring something to the table or go away, I know which kind of poster you are. And, it will save me from being the target of your ignorant rants.

For a deputy you have little understanding of "civil".

RR

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 20
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/24/2013 5:43:01 AM   
marcbarker

I stayed away from this as much as possible, hat is off to Mike, great job you are doing. I believe this 1.05 patch has been going on for what now 6-7 years if not longer. Truth be told. WYSWIG...What you see is what you get. I am afraid the 1.04 is the last patch and we will make do. I agree with some of the frustration but again this is a game not a way of life. I since have moved on to other viable games that is fun, frustrating and down right a pain but the games are not from MATRIX. I like strategy games and such but the wait for me is over time to move on. Expand the horizons and venture to other games you may find that a few finite people will control this game, its out come and how it is played regardless of the consequences. I just wished they would have stepped up and put money behind rather then volunteers with emotional attachment to a GAME.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

Post #: 21
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/24/2013 2:02:46 PM   
wings7

Good bye all you non-believers and hecklers, you should move on...I will wait patiently for the future offerings of The Campaign Series.
Rome was not built in a day (or a few years!) and good things come to people that wait patiently!

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 22
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/24/2013 2:53:40 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker

I stayed away from this as much as possible, hat is off to Mike, great job you are doing. I believe this 1.05 patch has been going on for what now 6-7 years if not longer. Truth be told. WYSWIG...What you see is what you get. I am afraid the 1.04 is the last patch and we will make do. I agree with some of the frustration but again this is a game not a way of life. I since have moved on to other viable games that is fun, frustrating and down right a pain but the games are not from MATRIX. I like strategy games and such but the wait for me is over time to move on. Expand the horizons and venture to other games you may find that a few finite people will control this game, its out come and how it is played regardless of the consequences. I just wished they would have stepped up and put money behind rather then volunteers with emotional attachment to a GAME.

Hi Barker. Been a couple of years. Hope you are doing well. I agree with you 100%. This is it. Sure glad I still have 1.02B. It's still pretty enjoyable under that version. BTW...I recently bought Tiller's Winter War. It's pretty good.

Dep

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 23
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/24/2013 2:54:32 PM   
MrRoadrunner

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker
I since have moved on to other viable games that is fun, frustrating and down right a pain but the games are not from MATRIX.

I guess I can remove our, over one year old, battle file from my West Front folder?

Thanks for letting me know (dripping sarcasm inserted)!

RR

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 24
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/25/2013 12:44:50 PM   
kool_kat

Hi deputy:

Why don't you volunteer to be a part of the test team for the 1.05 patch?

I did.

You seem to have extensive knowledge of playing versus the AI and the associated problems?

I'm sure Jason and Team would value your input.

< Message edited by mwest -- 2/25/2013 8:59:11 PM >

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

Post #: 25
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/25/2013 1:44:08 PM   
marcbarker

FYI I have been out of country for work. Also why argue or advertantly give homage to a person whom is well above everyone else in wit, intellect and overall character. Kudos to you!

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 26
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/25/2013 2:34:12 PM   
Deputy

quote:

ORIGINAL: mwest

Hi deputy:

Why don't you volunteer to be a part of the test team for the 1.05 patch?

I did.

You seem to have extensive knowledge of playing versus the AI and the associated problems?

I'm sure Jason and Team would value your input.

No thanks. I would prefer that PROFESSIONALS do the repairs on this type of thing. Unfortunately, Matrix, probably for money reasons, has chosen to let amateurs do the work. You get what you pay for, or don't pay for in this case. I will just do as Barker suggested and make do with 1.02B. It works okay and is stable. That's probably about the best you can ask for with this sim.

Squad Battles

(in reply to kool_kat)
Post #: 27
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/25/2013 2:38:07 PM   
marcbarker

Mike, In my opinion 1.02B is more versatile anyway then 104 due to modability and how you can manipulate various oob's create platoon files etc. There is good reference on modding this and a lot of fun doing so. You can do as much as your imagination can do with that engine outside of manipulating the executable.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 28
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/25/2013 2:55:42 PM   
Deputy

Barker: Yep, although my modding is mainly changing the replacement rates, which can probably be done on the newer patches too. I just prefer the way hidden units are handled and the artillery (and mortars) not being as devestating on armor as it is in the newest patch. One of the things I wish I could change is the automatic spotting of where my artillery is going to hit each turn. He sees EXACTLY where my arty is going to land and moves his units out of the way, while I must move every spotted unit each turn to keep from being hit with arty.

Squad Battles

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 29
RE: So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? - 2/25/2013 4:57:07 PM   
marcbarker

One of the things I really liked about 1.02B was the ability to add units otherwise forgotten. Example I was toying with an idea to create a mod that is basically a Squad Leader type Game using Squads to Regiment Level. Each squad would have FP approx 25% of the Current Platoon Level type Unit and etc. This was an idea and I know there is logisitics problems with it but it gives a person something to do with a game that will not be updated. You can then do scenarios that are squad leader scenarios and maps as such. Would be a revamp of the system but the game engine would not change.

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> So is update 1.05 dead in the water or what? Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI