Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Geography Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Geography Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Geography Help - 5/24/2013 9:54:43 PM   
wolfclan

Hopefully, I've just missed something in the tutorial/manual--but is there a shortcut to find place names? For example, I look at the regional census and find a region I want to examine, but there seems to be no shortcut to find it. I happen to be playing Russia and was looking for Bylchov, which doesn't even show up with a google search.
Post #: 1
RE: Geography Help - 5/24/2013 10:52:41 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: wolfclan

Hopefully, I've just missed something in the tutorial/manual--but is there a shortcut to find place names? For example, I look at the regional census and find a region I want to examine, but there seems to be no shortcut to find it. I happen to be playing Russia and was looking for Bylchov, which doesn't even show up with a google search.
warspite1

What? Are you serious? You mean to say you don't know where Bylchov is?

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to wolfclan)
Post #: 2
RE: Geography Help - 5/24/2013 11:14:53 PM   
wolfclan

I have to admit, even after reading several books of Russian history and some Russian novels, Russian geography is a task. However, after finally locating Bylchov on the map in the game--I dug out my trusty Atlas--a printed NEW YORK TIMES ATLAS OF THE WORLD. I'm probably one of the few that still will refer to a printed atlas. In any case, the atlas has the name as Bykhov. Even if PON had got it right, I would have been scratching my head, but now I feel better about being confused. I had the same problem in WITP, but the shortcut helps in that game have made me spoiled.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3
RE: Geography Help - 5/25/2013 10:22:10 AM   
loki100

worth noting - if you click on the message in the end of turn log it will take you to the province in question. This applies to all the geographically related messages but unfortunately not to messages about recently discovered techs.

(in reply to wolfclan)
Post #: 4
RE: Geography Help - 5/25/2013 3:08:04 PM   
wolfclan

Thanks. Units can also be found by shortcuts from the forces list, but there are no shortcuts for places, except in the message list. This is my first game and Russia is very large, so it might not be as much of a problem with the other countries, but it is a frustration.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Geography Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI