Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Compressed Fuel Storage and AI research

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Compressed Fuel Storage and AI research Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Compressed Fuel Storage and AI research - 6/18/2013 1:10:58 AM   
Fenrisfil

The AI seems determined to ignore this unique tech. First of all the AI ignores this in it's builds. Fine, I just created a set of custom designs to force it to use it. This works at normal tech starts where it is already researched but the second problem is when I start at pre-warp the AI completely ignores researching it (going for the less useful Advanced Fuel Storage tech instead).

Sure if I'm playing as that race I can guide the research but my concern is that the AI will never bother researching it and so mess up game balance when the AI is using such a race.

Now, I haven't tested this with other unique race technology yet, but it stands to reason that some of those may be affected too.

On a side note, the AI also seems determined not to research targeting technology but is obsessed with scanning tech (especially reaching stealth as quickly as possible). This is with races that I've set to favour targeting both in the race and policy files and have not set to favour sensors.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Compressed Fuel Storage and AI research Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI