Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Average playtime on different amount of starts / sector sizes?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Average playtime on different amount of starts / sector sizes? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Average playtime on different amount of starts / sector... - 7/19/2014 4:14:35 PM   
Fex

New player here.

Curious to know how the average playtime (actual hours) to complete/win a game varies depending of the star / sector size, if you start from prewarp.

Any guesses?
Post #: 1
RE: Average playtime on different amount of starts / se... - 7/20/2014 12:50:53 AM   
johanwanderer

It depends on the dificulty of the game and teh amount of automation you use. I personally use about 50% of the automation, and usually start out automating everything except troop, fleet, and colonization. I turn off most advisers stuff because I find them more annoying than useful. I usually leave ship designs on auto until I actually use them (which is quite a few years in.) Victory condition: 80% of control 50% of the galaxy in economy, territory, and population.

With that said, on a Hard / Very Hard game, 700 stars, I usually win after 90 game years or so. To get to that point, it usually take me about two weeks playing, at a few hours every day.

• The 1st 10-30 years is usually played at 4X speed with pauses. I usually get out of system after 5-10 years.
  • The next 30 years is usually played at 2-4X speed with pauses and maybe some slow down for battles.
  • The rest is usually played at 1-0.5X because there is so much going on. This is the bulk of actual play time.

I'm currently playing on an Extreme / Chaotic / Crazy pirate game (inspired by Larry Monte's series here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzEZx9zuF9_4xZgd7xHhjKFZ34vezLKn4). I have spent about 20 hours on it so far, on 44 game years. I'm currently ranked a distant 3rd in that game, and it's still mostly being played at 2-4X speed. It looks like this game will take a while before it becomes heated and I will have to slow down for it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Fex)
Post #: 2
RE: Average playtime on different amount of starts / se... - 7/20/2014 1:33:51 PM   
Fex

Good to know!

I just wanted to know if a 8x8 / 250 Stars game can in the end take THOUSANDS of hours to finish. I wouldn't want that. The scope would be just ridiculous...

(in reply to johanwanderer)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Average playtime on different amount of starts / sector sizes? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI