Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What aggression level do play with and why?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> What aggression level do play with and why? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 5:03:48 AM   
hyme

What aggression level do play with and why?
Post #: 1
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 6:07:48 AM   
Darknote

Just started playing with Agression: Restless/Dificulty: Hard.
I always put my research cost to 999k. So when I finally got Gerax HD, I sent an exploration ship far away north of my position, and I encounter this sluggy species which calls itself Keskudon (Playing with Extended Plus 40 Races) and they lay claim over the entire star group (I call it a star group because seriously, 1400 can't even constitute a 0.00000004% of a galaxy) so, naturally I laugh in their faces, wondering why would anyone so early in their infancy lay such a big claim. And then I saw their military and colonies number. 21 Colonies, I had 1, and no mention of any continental planets nearby my system (Human Patriot!). So yeah, now I am just trying to survive in my star cluster. Humanity shall not surrender! Well...At least until our last colony gets bombarded. But hey, spies really help with tech stealing!

(in reply to hyme)
Post #: 2
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 7:15:11 AM   
fenrislokison

unstable or chaos.

I may be wrong but i think it helps in having some AI empire raise above the others through wars which naturally become your rivals.

And also, since i like to play the good guy and establish mutual pacts and protectorates, i am sometimes unexpectedly thrown into wars i'm not really prepared for, which is good! It's surprising, it throws my plans to the winds and generally speaking helps in preventing the game from getting boring once you are solidly established as a major power.

(in reply to Darknote)
Post #: 3
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 8:00:17 AM   
hyme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darknote

Just started playing with Agression: Restless/Dificulty: Hard.
I always put my research cost to 999k. So when I finally got Gerax HD, I sent an exploration ship far away north of my position, and I encounter this sluggy species which calls itself Keskudon (Playing with Extended Plus 40 Races) and they lay claim over the entire star group (I call it a star group because seriously, 1400 can't even constitute a 0.00000004% of a galaxy) so, naturally I laugh in their faces, wondering why would anyone so early in their infancy lay such a big claim. And then I saw their military and colonies number. 21 Colonies, I had 1, and no mention of any continental planets nearby my system (Human Patriot!). So yeah, now I am just trying to survive in my star cluster. Humanity shall not surrender! Well...At least until our last colony gets bombarded. But hey, spies really help with tech stealing!

quote:

Extended Plus 40 Races

With the Extended Plus 40 Races mod how many AI races can you have play? Is it caped at 11?

(in reply to Darknote)
Post #: 4
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 8:16:13 AM   
Bingeling

No, AI races are not capped at 11. For the start it was capped at the number of races, one empire each, I am not sure how many you can add with Extended (maybe one for each?).

I guess 11 was a good default on the 700 star galaxies of vanilla and onwards.

(in reply to hyme)
Post #: 5
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 10:08:53 AM   
OzoneGrif_slith

I play Restless/Hard because under this setting the game is passive and kinda boring.

If you like very active games, unstable is even a better choice.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 6
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/5/2014 10:48:58 AM   
Darknote

quote:

ORIGINAL: hyme

quote:

Extended Plus 40 Races

With the Extended Plus 40 Races mod how many AI races can you have play? Is it caped at 11?

Starting races can be 39 AFAIK. So its kewl! But I usually choose 10 or 12 and let independents form Empires. Gives me enough time to occupy many worlds in the name of freedom!

(in reply to hyme)
Post #: 7
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/6/2014 12:15:08 AM   
Tehlongone

I play Restless/Extreme. I've been foregoing the higher aggression as I heard it actually weakened the AI due to the constant warfare. I've been considering giving chaos a try though.

(in reply to Darknote)
Post #: 8
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/6/2014 9:30:49 AM   
Kantay

Restless/Extreme here as well and I like it.

(in reply to Tehlongone)
Post #: 9
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/6/2014 10:18:40 AM   
ASHBERY76

Normal.The A.I is not better by being at war with half the map at the same time but like humans players better focusing at one enemy...

(in reply to Kantay)
Post #: 10
RE: What aggression level do play with and why? - 6/6/2014 4:22:22 PM   
Werewolf13

Not that I have anything against wars, mind you - they do serve a purpose on occasion - but if I had my druthers, and I do - have my druthers that is - conquering, no that's not the right word uhh - creating very strong economic bonds is to me a most satisfying achievment. And besides wars are messy and expensiv affairs that both annoy the hell out of me and are so bad for business that they are best avoided if at all possible.

Thus I play on what I like to call wimp mode. Alien scum and potential slaves - errr - I mean trading partners, cultural equals - yeah that's it. Friends. Those are what - wait - I mean - who - I prefer dealing with.

Freedom is not free! Nor should it be. For men being men will neither fight for nor value that which is free.

Michael Andress

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> What aggression level do play with and why? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI