Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Social Disorder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Social Disorder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Social Disorder - 6/20/2013 11:27:40 PM   
grbwm

All right now I'm flustered!

About ten years in on my first Grand Campaign (first exposure to PoN also) and playing the United States.

I am one of those "learn the rules as you go kind of guys" and I believe I'm doing pretty well with the economy and foreign policy. I've actually created Cambodia as a US colony and Hawaii and the Marshalls are Protectorates. I've started to figure out the balance between domestic and foreign trade and I'm creating Private Capital and Money at a fairly prodigious rate BUT....

What the hell do I do to keep the Northern population of the US from rioting and disruptiong all the wonderful factories and Coal mines that I have built :) !

I have coal mines and manufactured goods, textile and luxury factories built but New York, Boston, Cleveland and et al. are all in disorder or general strike. Taxes have been at 1 to 2% for 5 years but that doesn't help. I've had every social decree passed through Congress. Built every Telecommunications, Sewer and Road .

Now I can't do squat because 75% of my coal mines are on strike even though I have government and private cash up the ying yang.

Somebody please give me a hint what I'm forgetting to do!

Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Social Disorder - 6/21/2013 7:03:47 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: grbwm

All right now I'm flustered!

About ten years in on my first Grand Campaign (first exposure to PoN also) and playing the United States.

I am one of those "learn the rules as you go kind of guys" and I believe I'm doing pretty well with the economy and foreign policy. I've actually created Cambodia as a US colony and Hawaii and the Marshalls are Protectorates. I've started to figure out the balance between domestic and foreign trade and I'm creating Private Capital and Money at a fairly prodigious rate BUT....

What the hell do I do to keep the Northern population of the US from rioting and disruptiong all the wonderful factories and Coal mines that I have built :) !

I have coal mines and manufactured goods, textile and luxury factories built but New York, Boston, Cleveland and et al. are all in disorder or general strike. Taxes have been at 1 to 2% for 5 years but that doesn't help. I've had every social decree passed through Congress. Built every Telecommunications, Sewer and Road .

Now I can't do squat because 75% of my coal mines are on strike even though I have government and private cash up the ying yang.

Somebody please give me a hint what I'm forgetting to do!

Dave

I've not played the US but from comments, pre-civil war you have a number of inbuilt revolt problems.

So some you probably just need to ride out.

Having said that - put MP units in the high militancy provinces, if you don't have enough MP use Cavalry - both have a high police value and will drive militancy down.

Check you are meeting their needs, you sometimes need both the quantity stated and a decent range of goods so trading is the solution.

Play all the contentment cards (mostly on the F1 screen, some on F6).

Look at the various 'development' decisions - roads, wetlands, telegraphs, sewers etc, all these reduce underlying revolt risk.

Juggle your tax base, some have less impact on overall population militancy.

I'd suggest if you want US specific advise put up a query on the AGEOD forum, much more likely to get responses from people who have played the US and managed this problem.

(in reply to grbwm)
Post #: 2
RE: Social Disorder - 6/21/2013 5:52:48 PM   
grbwm

Outstanding suggestions! I've done most of your recommendations but I definitely had not thought about the Military Police. Those are building now and I'll see what happens. Thanks again.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Social Disorder - 10/4/2013 10:20:08 PM   
kalepe

grbwm you leave this forum? i want speak with you about one thing,

(in reply to grbwm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Pride of Nations >> Social Disorder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI