Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] Command will not start--error message generated

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Command will not start--error message generated Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 3:54:56 AM   
Mgellis

Okay, something happened...

I tried changing the symbol icons using the stylized pack (Stalintc’s Stylised Icon Pack) I downloaded from Warsim. Immediately afterwards, I started getting this message every time I tried to start the game...

So, I have no idea what I did wrong. I deleted the icons, restored the original icons from a zip file backup, and even reinstalled the 1.01 update from the Patches directory. Nothing.

Any ideas? Help!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 10/17/2013 7:52:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 4:04:24 AM   
jomni

When you press OK, does it show another window asking you to close Command or not?
If you see that screen, select not to close Command and you will continue to play as normal.
I ooccasionally get this as well when opening scenarios but not all the time. Happens when I keep loading scenarios without quitting Command

< Message edited by jomni -- 10/16/2013 4:06:51 AM >

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 4:10:37 AM   
Mgellis

quote:

ORIGINAL: jomni

When you press OK, does it show another window asking you to close Command or not?
If you see that screen, select not to close Command and you will continue to play as normal.
I ooccasionally get this as well when opening scenarios but not all the time. Happens when I keep loading scenarios without quitting Command

No. I do get the map screen for just a moment and then it closes down.

I even tried re-installing the prerequisites (DXSETUP.exe, etc.) but it did no good.

If the next public build is released in a day or so, it's not a big deal, but otherwise I fear I'll have to uninstall the whole program and reinstall it and hope that does the trick. Otherwise...sheesh, I don't know what to do.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 4:33:20 AM   
jomni

Oh that's a terrible situation.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 4
RE: Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 5:35:21 AM   
Mgellis

In the end, I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it. Build 429 started right up. I'm updating to v.101/Build 442 and seeing if that works. Keeping my fingers crossed.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 5
RE: Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 5:58:00 AM   
Dimitris

Probably one of the icon files is badly formed / corrupted and causes the out-of-memory exception as it is read from the program.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 6
RE: Command will not start--error message generated - 10/16/2013 6:05:48 AM   
Mgellis

Update...

v. 101/Build 442 works fine.

So, basically, the solution was a "brute force" one...uninstall, delete the folder to get rid of any remaining files that did not simply uninstall, reinstall, update...and it works. Well, so far at least. Takes a while, but it's good to know that, if worst comes to worst, I can get it back up and running.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] Command will not start--error message generated Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI