Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada? - 12/5/2013 9:06:44 PM   
ed72n

Hello all, I've been a long time lurker to these forums but never bothered to make a post until now. I actually got some advice from another forum member before I jumped off the fence and purchased MWIF on Monday.

Here's my experience with my purchase, so far. Please take it with humor, of course, as I am looking forward to the books and loading up the software.

I was pleasantly surprised to get a notification from Matrix and Fedex yesterday morning that it had been sent and the delivery date was . . . that same day, Dec 4. I thought WOW!! I thought that was pretty good, from Portland to British Columbia in two days.

Throughout the day, I tracked the package leaving Portland, and going to Oakland but nothing else happened. The parcel never arrived in the end and the delivery date changed from "Dec 4" to "Not Available" at the end of the day.

This morning, Fedex updated the tracking - see below. Looks like my package took the long route to British Columbia from California. It decided to take in some sight-seeing to Memphis, Tennessee first.

I just checked and it's finally in town. If I'm lucky, I might get delivery today. (I hope it doesn't jet off somewhere else again . . .)

quote:

- 12/05/2013 - Thursday

11:12 am International shipment release - Import RICHMOND, BC

8:14 am International shipment release - Import RICHMOND, BC

6:57 am At destination sort facility VANCOUVER, BC

4:26 am Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

3:48 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN

1:49 am In transit MEMPHIS, TN

12:50 am Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

- 12/04/2013 - Wednesday

7:27 pm Departed FedEx location OAKLAND, CA

8:51 am In transit OAKLAND, CA

4:35 am In transit OAKLAND, CA

4:35 am In transit OAKLAND, CA

- 12/03/2013 - Tuesday

10:45 pm Arrived at FedEx location OAKLAND, CA

7:19 pm Left FedEx origin facility PORTLAND, OR

4:09 pm Picked up PORTLAND, OR

- 12/02/2013 - Monday 7:43 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx
Post #: 1
RE: Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada? - 12/5/2013 9:58:45 PM   
paulderynck

Did you see the weather advisory for US northwest when you tracked your parcel? I saw it for mine. Memphis is FedEx's air shipment hub.

I had a parcel from China via FedEx once. China to Richmond BC, to Memphis, back to Richmond BC, then to me.

They need those drones Amazon is experimenting with. They could have dropped one with my package right after they crossed the Rockies on the first trip out of Richmond.

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 12/5/2013 11:01:08 PM >

Paul

(in reply to ed72n)
Post #: 2
RE: Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada? - 12/5/2013 9:58:51 PM   
Ingtar

Just to let you know, if it came through Memphis, TN, it flew rather than crawling along the ground in a truck the entire way. This is the busiest week of the year for shipping companies like UPS and FedEx. Cyber Monday is the busiest single day.

(in reply to ed72n)
Post #: 3
RE: Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada? - 12/6/2013 12:16:49 AM   
henri51

Two weeks after receiving the game from Fedex here in Canada, I got an additional bill from Fedex yesterday for $14.65, part of it for taxes and $10 of it for "advance costs" ("frais pour avance", the bill is in French)!...

Oh well...

(in reply to Ingtar)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Could this be why it cost $42 to ship to Canada? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI