Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A couple of suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> A couple of suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A couple of suggestions - 1/29/2014 5:42:20 PM   
DasTactic

I've been uploading another YouTube series of Distant Worlds and a number of my viewers have left some really good suggestions that I'd like to pass on.

1. Have a cool-down for both enforcing and releasing treaties. For example, if a player declares a trade embargo then make it stick for say six months before you can remove it. Similarly if you remove the trade embargo have another six month cool-down before you can put another one back on again. Violating the cool-down would lead to a reputation penalty.

This would solve players exploiting the AI to milk funds but should also stop the constant flip-flop the AI does with treaties.

2. With regards colonisation tech, have these unique for each race. If, for example, a race has the ability to settle volcanic planets at the start the progression through the tech tree for colonisation should be very different for races that can settle continental planets.

And one I would like to see...

3. Have some ship class place-holders for user-made ship designs. For example if you want a planet-bomber capital ship and a general purpose capital ship that upgrade along different paths it involves a lot of micromanagement. Ideally it would be good if the bomber ship in the example was its own class.
Post #: 1
RE: A couple of suggestions - 1/29/2014 8:08:23 PM   
ASHBERY76

The lack of any impact in diplomacy and the ease of ignoring any treaty is very annoying.You pay a zillion credits for a third party to go to war or embargo and they accept and then laugh when they dissolve it 5 minutes later.Alliances are also a waste of time.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 2
RE: A couple of suggestions - 1/29/2014 8:37:06 PM   
Tiberiumkyle

Only one I've ever bothered with are free trade agreements for a bit more trade income, but even when an empire hates me, unless they do something drastic like declare war, my traders will still do good business with them.

In your forums, lurking about!

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 3
RE: A couple of suggestions - 2/1/2014 7:00:26 PM   
Hrdina

I would definitely like to see #1. I have only just started playing DW, but think I'll find #3 more appealing as I play more.

(in reply to Tiberiumkyle)
Post #: 4
RE: A couple of suggestions - 2/2/2014 1:42:00 AM   
elanaagain

I would like to see explosions caused by spys limited in strength /damage. Any worthwhile civilization will have ways to limit large payload explosives. Taking out a large base with a spy seems unbabancing, to me.

(in reply to Hrdina)
Post #: 5
RE: A couple of suggestions - 2/2/2014 2:27:31 AM   
CyclopsSlayer

I would also like to see War Weariness fade. As it is it clears the instant you go to peace so you can go back to war all fresh 10 seconds later.

(in reply to elanaagain)
Post #: 6
RE: A couple of suggestions - 2/3/2014 9:57:14 AM   
DevildogFF

Yes, please god, to all three.

(in reply to CyclopsSlayer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> A couple of suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI