Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Production Planning Videos

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Production Planning Videos Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Production Planning Videos - 2/26/2014 6:19:13 AM   
warspite1

Just downloaded the latest patch with the new Production Planning video.

Haven't had the chance to go through this fully yet, but have made a start and it looks really helpful - so many thanks for taking the time and trouble to do this Cad908

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 1
RE: Production Planning Videos - 2/26/2014 9:51:21 PM   
gw15

Yes, very nice and helpful. It didn't click with me about the difference between "default" and "override" until I watched the video. Thanks.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: Production Planning Videos - 2/27/2014 4:00:26 AM   
Cad908

quote:

ORIGINAL: bommerrang

Yes, very nice and helpful. It didn't click with me about the difference between "default" and "override" until I watched the video. Thanks.

You are very welcome.

60 minutes is a LONG time to listen to me talk, so I hope it is helpful.

I have attached the game file for the Production Planning video to this post. It might be useful to implement the steps demonstrated while the video plays.

Take care,

-Rob

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cad908 -- 2/27/2014 5:25:27 AM >

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 3
RE: Production Planning Videos - 2/27/2014 10:59:41 AM   
sanderz

thanks - a very helpful and much needed vid

a couple of questions (i am very new to this and haven't tackled the production side of things yet)

1) when you were changing your convoy routes you were clicking to set up the new routes, what would have happened if you had clicked and there was no convoy there - would it tell you there and then or would it just fail at a later stage

2) once you have 'closed' a countrys production screen does that mean that allies can no longer mess with the routes you have set? e.g. Commonwealth is finished but France then changes a convoy route - can it change whats already been set for the Commonwealth?

once again many thanks for taking the time to produce the vid - much appreciated

(in reply to Cad908)
Post #: 4
RE: Production Planning Videos - 2/27/2014 11:39:36 PM   
Cad908

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

thanks - a very helpful and much needed vid

a couple of questions (i am very new to this and haven't tackled the production side of things yet)

1) when you were changing your convoy routes you were clicking to set up the new routes, what would have happened if you had clicked and there was no convoy there - would it tell you there and then or would it just fail at a later stage

2) once you have 'closed' a countrys production screen does that mean that allies can no longer mess with the routes you have set? e.g. Commonwealth is finished but France then changes a convoy route - can it change whats already been set for the Commonwealth?

once again many thanks for taking the time to produce the vid - much appreciated

1. If there are no convoys in the sea area you should not be able to select the sea area (though sometimes you can), but after recomputing empty sea areas are not used.

2. Once closed, you cannot go back to that country again. If the Commonwealth is using a French convoy, closes its Final Production and the French "take back" its convoy, then the Commonwealth could be impacted. This is why I kept rechecking the CW/French tables in the video. (NOTE: It is my understanding that all decisions made in Preliminary Production can be changed in Final Productions EXCEPT which resource is lent to fulfill a trade agreement - have to check with Steve to make sure that is correct.)

-Rob

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Production Planning Videos Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI