Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Using Off Chit for Land

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Using Off Chit for Land Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Using Off Chit for Land - 2/23/2014 9:31:03 PM   
gw15

This is maybe a dumb question but when do you chose to use an off chit for a HQ in a land action? During the Initiative Phase I see where to use it for an "all" action or to reorganize HQ but I do not see how to use the chit to double your unit values via a HQ.
Post #: 1
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/24/2014 1:52:54 AM   
markb50k

Same place. Just check the box and select land. It will bring up a new window where you choose which hq

Remember hq has to be organized and in supply

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 2
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/24/2014 2:20:50 AM   
joshuamnave

quote:

ORIGINAL: markb50k

Same place. Just check the box and select land. It will bring up a new window where you choose which hq

Remember hq has to be organized and in supply

Backwards. You have to select land before the box becomes checkable. So that should read "Just select land and check the box."

(in reply to markb50k)
Post #: 3
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/24/2014 2:50:55 AM   
Courtenay

After you have chosen an offensive land action, you must then indicate which units are being doubled individually when attacking. After attacks are designated, right-click on a unit to give yourself the option to double that unit. MWiF will tell you how many doublings you have left, and you can undo a doubling to use it somewhere else. However, if you don't tell the program which units you are doubling, nothing will be doubled.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to joshuamnave)
Post #: 4
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/25/2014 8:03:26 PM   
Beryl

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

After you have chosen an offensive land action, you must then indicate which units are being doubled individually when attacking.

When attacking or when moving / blitzing, as a stack of armor & mech can also use offensive for overrun

"Nicht kleckern, klotzen!" - Guderian

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 5
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/26/2014 1:56:07 PM   
npilgaard

And artillery can be doubled as well for ground strike - can be very effective for flipping enemy stacks (doesn't cost air move, so can be done freely in a land impulse - and can't be intercepted). Especially Russia can use this for great advantage when heading for Berlin...

Regards
Nikolaj

(in reply to Beryl)
Post #: 6
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/26/2014 2:20:19 PM   
Ur_Vile_WEdge

I don't believe it can, actually. The O-Chit rules say

quote:

you can double the combat factors of this major power’s land units within range of the HQ when you calculate the final odds for the overrun or land combat.

You could double a gun's factors when making an attack with it and using it like any other land unit, but I don't think you can soup it up to go acting as a groundstriker.

(in reply to npilgaard)
Post #: 7
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/26/2014 4:32:49 PM   
Orm

Cut from RAC: 16. Offensive chits
16.3 Land action
If you play an offensive chit at the start of a land action, specify 1 of your organized HQs. You gain the
following benefits:
• you can double the combat factors of this major power’s land units within range of the HQ when you
calculate the final odds for the overrun or land combat. You can do this for as many units in the impulse as
twice the HQ’s reorganization value. You can double the same unit in more than one overrun or land combat
but it counts against the total each time. You can only double each unit once per overrun or land combat;
and
• every land unit reorganized by that HQ only costs half the usual reorganization point cost (see 11.18.4).
AsA option 3: You can also double field artillery (see 22.4.2) combat factors for ground support or receive an
extra die roll during ground strike

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Ur_Vile_WEdge)
Post #: 8
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/26/2014 9:42:30 PM   
gw15

With the computer version the rule is how it was programmed so no more rules discussions.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 9
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/26/2014 10:25:47 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: bommerrang

With the computer version the rule is how it was programmed so no more rules discussions.

You, Sir, are a true optimist.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to gw15)
Post #: 10
RE: Using Off Chit for Land - 2/27/2014 4:28:33 AM   
npilgaard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm
You can also double field artillery (see 22.4.2) combat factors for ground support or receive an
extra die roll during ground strike.

Thanks. That was what I meant when I wrote 'doubled' - but should have been more precise on the wording

(Btw, in some earlier versions of RaW it was an actual doubling of the factors, iirc )

Regards
Nikolaj

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Using Off Chit for Land Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI