Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German demotorization

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> German demotorization Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German demotorization - 2/6/2014 2:51:40 AM   
rmonical

This irritates me so much I am cross posting it from my AAR. In what universe is this a defensible design decision?

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmonical

T116 - the 14PG is pulled out of the line to be demotorized. In the meantime it is sucking up a ton of armament points and AFVs so it can be rebuilt to come back next week as a weaker infantry division with a total drop of 11 morale points (86 to 75). Only in WITE where fidelity to the historical OOB trumps reason.

< Message edited by rmonical -- 2/6/2014 3:56:07 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: German demotorization - 2/6/2014 4:30:13 PM   
Schmart

Yeah, but at least it gets a proper allotment of 75mm ATGs!

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 2
RE: German demotorization - 2/7/2014 11:58:48 AM   
Denniss

There are actually two mot divs treated in that bad way, germany losing lots of vehicles, tanks and other equipment. The only solution is a separate TOE chain for these two divs so they get properly demotorized into infantry divs (works without problems).

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 3
RE: German demotorization - 2/7/2014 6:06:28 PM   
rmonical

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss
There are actually two mot divs treated in that bad way, germany losing lots of vehicles, tanks and other equipment. The only solution is a separate TOE chain for these two divs so they get properly demotorized into infantry divs (works without problems).

I mentioned the 36.PG when it withdrew for the same reason.
How about just leaving the divisions in the game as PG divisions (gasp) and if the Germans need trucks, let them put them in static mode. This situation is particularly frustrating because the division is strong and in one of the active areas of the front.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: German demotorization - 2/13/2014 8:36:23 AM   
Naughteous Maximus

You can fix all that with the editor.

(in reply to rmonical)
Post #: 5
RE: German demotorization - 2/13/2014 9:36:59 PM   
Denniss

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naughteous Maximus

You can fix all that with the editor.
We all know that. But a general solution with a special TOE path ending in the 44 inf div would be better.

(in reply to Naughteous Maximus)
Post #: 6
RE: German demotorization - 7/30/2014 3:28:05 PM   
Denniss

For 1.08 I created a special TOE path and converted the scenarios/campaigns so at least these two mots will not become PzG but Inf instead. One of them will be withdrawn in 44 anyway as it was destroyed in action then. I still hope for a disband option to be implemented in a later 1.08 development stage.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: German demotorization - 9/2/2014 7:03:30 PM   
Hyacinth

quote:

For 1.08 I created a special TOE path and converted the scenarios/campaigns so at least these two mots will not become PzG but Inf instead. One of them will be withdrawn in 44 anyway as it was destroyed in action then. I still hope for a disband option to be implemented in a later 1.08 development stage.

Why would any divisions be withdrawn or downgraded if the player does not loose them in his game?

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 8
RE: German demotorization - 9/2/2014 8:15:51 PM   
Denniss

The demotorization was a historical decision, the withdrawal a decision by the game devs.

(in reply to Hyacinth)
Post #: 9
RE: German demotorization - 9/2/2014 8:57:50 PM   
BJP III

quote:

The demotorization was a historical decision, the withdrawal a decision by the game devs.

Is this withdrawal issue the same as the one that came up in the past regarding the divisions that were destroyed at Stalingrad? IIRC, those units were only "withdrawn" in WITE terms if the actually-destroyed unit was, when rebuilt, sent to another sector.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 10
RE: German demotorization - 9/2/2014 9:13:48 PM   
Hyacinth

quote:

For lack of trucks? If so it could be argued it should depend on the situation in the game or just ignore the historical result as the german plaeyr does not have power to build new units either.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Scenario Design and Modding >> German demotorization Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI