Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Orzel vs. Skeletor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Orzel vs. Skeletor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Orzel vs. Skeletor - 4/8/2003 1:50:16 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Poland (Skel) vs. Soviet Union (Orzel)
September 1939

Yes, despite my Polish heritage (and ID name) I am playing the side of the Soviets.

(notice to Hawk...See?!?!? I didn't suddenly drop my Polish ID name and become Ivan the Terrible or stop being a Kat Lover just to play the other side:p :rolleyes: )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Fourth Army " Bobruisk"
6th Cavalry Corps
Date: Sept 17th, 1939

Orders:
Comrade Commander, you are to advance across the borderlands and commence the liberation of our fellow Soviet citizens that have been forced to live under Polish rule for the last 20 years!
Victory at all costs!

Stalin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it began...our cavalry scouts, supported by a few packets of armor crossed the Polish frontier and began our crusade to free the people of central Europe from the yoke of capitalism.

There is no real confrontation as of yet, only the report of a lone Polish recon element which is brought under fire and flees into the woods.

Outside of that our own scouting forces press forward, searching out the Polish military units that are supposed to be in this area.

Post #: 1
The horror begins.... - 4/8/2003 5:13:17 AM   
Skeletor

As they rumbled through the forest 2Lt Karpinski and his gunner traded lurid stories about the girls back home. While winding up one especially wild tale, Karpinski spotted a BT-7 suddenly crash out of the trees.

He heard the crack of its main gun and the rattle of its MGs and before he could react, fountains of dirt were springing up all around them. As Karpinski spun the bike around his gunner yelped and glancing down he saw Pvt. Lukowski grasping the remains of his shattered jaw.

Tossing a smoke grenade behind, they speed away into the forest.

-------------------------------------------------------

A few hexes away another MC trades fire with two squads of Cossack cavalry.

-Skeletor

(in reply to Orzel Bialy)
Post #: 2
We have found them... - 4/8/2003 7:22:54 AM   
Orzel Bialy

A skirmish line of cavalry recon troops fan out across our front...weaving their ways down tree-lined paths and deer-trails, or along whatever sparse roads there are in this part of Eastern Poland.

To the south we commit an entire packet of tanks when one of our recon units comes across a large force of Polish tanks. They must have been looking to pull the typical flanking manuever...but they have been detected.

A brief firefight ensues and one of our BT-7's crews is forced to bail out of their tank when a round penetrates its armor! As the other three tanks of this packet arrive to support their comrades they find to their dismay that they are facing a much larger enemy force. Cavalry units pop smoke...a change of plans is in order to the south it would seem.

Elsewhere other Polish armored units are spotted...it appears that we are facing one of the two armored brigades Poland had at it's disposal. That is fine with us though...the sooner we crush them the better!

Post #: 3
2 down ?? to go - 4/8/2003 8:45:08 AM   
Skeletor

As the Russian tanks emerge from the forest they are met by heavy (but mostly inefective) fire. Captain Jedlowski's tanks then move in closer and destroy two BT-7s with point blank hits. 2 more are shot repeatedly from short range and are assaulted by infantry but by some miracle they survive. Three fresh BT-7s can be seen headed toward the fight.

Farther to the north a few pesky Cossacks meet their end.

-Skeletor

Post #: 4
- 4/8/2003 8:55:53 AM   
M4Jess

ORZEL!!! FOCUS!!

Skeletor...is the sworn enemy of............HE-MAN!!!:rolleyes:

(GOD IM OLD!):mad:

Im making war, not trouble~

Post #: 5
Large Enemy Armored Formation - 4/8/2003 8:57:50 AM   
Orzel Bialy

has been identified along our front.
To the south a large mixture of Polish Cavalry and armored units is met with a similar force of Cossacks and Russian Steel. Several BT-7's are lost....but they inflict damage as well. Several Polish tanks are reduced to flaming wrecks and several Uhlan troops are forced to surrender or destroyed outright.

To the center we detect a line of armor that extends all the way north, consisting of the excellent 7Tp Polish light tank...supported by some infantry/cavalry. A few long distance "pot-shots" are traded, but nothing lethal.

It is to the south that we see the potential for causing the Poles grief...and the full weight of an armored platoon is sent into the fray. We will watch with great interest to see if the Polish Forces in the center and north are re-directed to counter this threat or not.

Post #: 6
Fall back! - 4/8/2003 10:12:31 AM   
Skeletor

The Poles are taking a beating now. Three Vickers MG tanks burning. A few other vehicles abandoned. Uhlans all shot up.

We seem to be outnumbered now by the superior BT-7s. In a turn or two at this rate I'll be surrounded. A few tanks fall back dodging some longish shots.

In the center and north were taking a bit of mortar fire.

I also see a couple T-26s moving in that direction. One of them blasted the main gun and coax off a 7 TP with some lucky long range hits.

Question:
Those Russian tanks of his seem to fire bursts (firing graphic looks the same as 20mm gun on the SdKfz 222) with the main gun sometimes and other times only single shots. I also noticed this with the Stuarts in the Munda campaign. Whats going on there?

-Skeletor [email]Scratch@tm.net[/email]

Post #: 7
Intense Firefight to the South... - 4/8/2003 10:37:57 AM   
Orzel Bialy

The woods are filled with the acrid smoke of burning AFV's and the smell of death.

Several Polish Vickers type tanks are put out of action and their accompanying Uhlans shot to pieces. The battle here, which began as a stand off, now seems to be turning into a rout.

To the center and north we await the Polish reaction to the situation to the south...will panic set in along the line? If so then we will strike in force and collapse the Polish lines completely!

Post #: 8
? - 4/8/2003 3:59:17 PM   
Skeletor

I didn't get this turn. Could you send to me again?

-Skeletor

Post #: 9
- 4/9/2003 3:05:37 PM   
Skeletor

Almost a whole Vickers company has been lost in the south and most of the supporting cavalry is pinned down by machine gun fire.

Still quiet everywhere else though. Just spotted one T-26 sneaking through the woods.

-Skeletor

Post #: 10
A Breakthrough to the south - 4/9/2003 10:15:44 PM   
Orzel Bialy

Our glorious tank and cavalry units have seemingly punched a hole through the southern flank of the Polish lines!

Several more Polish AFV's are put out of action and a few panic-stricken cavalry units are destroyed with the help of the fearsome quad-maxim AA units that are moved up to assist smashing all resistance.

Several of our tanks plunge deep into the enemy's southern flank, chasing down fleeing Polish units so as to make sure a secondary defense line can not be established.

To the center and north the Poles seem to have pulled back...and our recon elements are dispatched to relocate them. A new battle force is also moved into position to take advantage of any Polish attempt to move their forces southward.

The Polish front now appears to be on the brink of complete collapse!

Post #: 11
- 4/10/2003 12:19:47 AM   
Skeletor

My Vickers company is finished off and Russian tanks are moving down the road to my rear.

Things aren't looking good.

-Skeletor

Post #: 12
The BreakOut Begins... - 4/10/2003 10:53:03 AM   
Orzel Bialy

The southern wing of the Polish front has crumbled...and now our tanks race into the hole torn into the enemy line!

In the center the Poles seem to have halted and are now laying in wait...however our cavalry recon exposes some of their positions here and to the north. They seem to have deployed a defense screen in a right angle formation to counter the breakthrough to the south...but this will not stop our advance!!!

In order to apply the greatest amount of pressure, our forces strike forward and several more Polish tanks and infantry units are destroyed. The full wait of our thrust is yet to strike...but when it does the blow will be decisive.

Post #: 13
Ambush! - 4/10/2003 3:32:05 PM   
Skeletor

Peering through his binoculars the Leutenant spotted a platoon of Russian armor coming up the road.

"These are the bastards who just shot up Jedlowski's company! Don't fire till I give the signal!"

As they watched the BT-7s aproach, a fleeing Polish TKS emerged from the woods and promptly exploded as it took a rear hit.

"FIRE!"

KABLAM KABLAM KABLAM

The treeline suddenly lit up with flashes of ATG fire and before the Russians could even respond all five tanks were burning wrecks.

------------------------------------------

In the central forest area things are heating up a bit as a group of T-26s attack the Polish line.

-Skeletor

Post #: 14
Hmmmm.... - 4/10/2003 7:42:42 PM   
Orzel Bialy

can't wait to see what happened....perhaps I should have waited for the cavalry to catch up and lead the way after all! Opppss! :eek:

Post #: 15
Ambushed indeed! - 4/11/2003 4:55:26 AM   
Orzel Bialy

it would appear that our over-zealous tankers zoomed right by...or were flanked by...some Polish ATG's, which emerged with deadly effect.

However, even the loss of five tanks does not change our plans very much...it only re-inforces the point to tread carefully even against a foe that has been dealt a harsh blow.

To the north and center we destroy a couple more Polish AFV's and locate many more as they attempt to move southward through the thick wooded area. Several more enemy infantry units are spotted as well and are sent reeling from the blistering attacks from maxim AA trucks.

Post #: 16
Not much to report - 4/11/2003 6:35:57 AM   
Skeletor

Lost one tank to an artillery hit. Not much else going on.

-Skeletor

Post #: 17
Moving Forward.... - 4/11/2003 7:54:30 AM   
Orzel Bialy

despite the rude surprise to the south our forces push forward all along the front.

To the south several Polish recon units are uncovered and either driven off or destroyed. The armor on this section halts to allow the cavalry units to catch up and take their place in the lead, as the eyes of this force.

In the center of the battlefield the cavalry prove their effectiveness and worth...uncovering over half a dozen tanks lurking in the thick forest areas. Some of our Cossacks are spotted and draw fire...but the majority of them spot a Polish AFV, move a hex and spot another...and another...all without drawing fire. Our tanks there-fore place themselves accordingly to counter these threats, taking out several of them...and fire missions are called in on others.

To the north it seems like another breakthrough may be in the making. Again the combination of cavalry for recon, and AFV's and quad-maxims for shock effect, is very successful. The Poles are punished here as well and seem to have fallen back from where we originally made contact.

Now, at last, the mobile reserves are released...and they move forward to make their impact on the fight at hand!

Post #: 18
- 4/11/2003 8:34:10 AM   
Skeletor

I just destroyed two more Russian tanks but things are looking bleak.

Every time our tanks engage I seem to get the worst of it.

:(

-Skeletor

Post #: 19
A lot of shooting... - 4/11/2003 9:15:06 AM   
Orzel Bialy

fills the forests of Eastern Poland....but this time around there are few kills to report.

Several times our cavalry units uncover Polish AFV's and the armor is called in....shots are exchanged...there are some hits but few are lethal.

Despite this lack of "high end" results, the few kills that are recorded help us continue to bleed the Poles. As their line is thinned and holes form, this gradual blood-letting will allow us the opportunities to bring down their defensive positions one by one.

Post #: 20
UNCLE! - 4/12/2003 2:24:21 AM   
Skeletor

"Igor! Theres another one! Blast him!" shouted the Russian tank commander.

Their gun roared and a moment later they watched a Polish tank explode, sending its turret sipraling through the air.

"Thats the fifth one today! And our machine hasn't even got a scratch!"

------------------------------------------

With Russian units poised to attack both flanks of my line and little left to stop them I have decided to surrender.

Looks like my boys will be spending the rest of the war in Siberia.

Nice job Orzel. This is nothing like playing the computer!:eek:
BTW did you buy any infantry? I never saw a single unit of Russian infantry during the game.

My password: warsaw

My units:
2 7-TP companys
1 mixed Vickers company
1 Uhulan company
1 Motorized company (riding on tanks)
2 2nd line infantry companys
1 Battery of 75mm
1 Section of 37mm AT guns
6 AT rifles (they got two tanks!)
1 TKS company
? Scouts

Post #: 21
Will post my unit roster... - 4/12/2003 5:30:31 AM   
Orzel Bialy

when I get home in a bit. :)

Skeletor,
Welcome to the world of playing another human...nothing like the AI is it? ;)

As for my force composition...no infantry what so ever! :) It was all armor / cavalry / Maxim AA trucks for my shock force and some supporting mortar crews with ammo boxes.

It's not what I would generally use as a force mix...but I figured I'd go for speed of movement this time around, especially since it was a 1939 timeline. The forces I had would have been in serious trouble in 41 or beyond! :eek:

Good game though...learn from it and keep trying out new things against other human opponents...we'll meet again I'm sure. :)

Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Orzel vs. Skeletor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI