Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario Editing Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Scenario Editing Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario Editing Help - 3/21/2001 4:28:00 AM   
MrWhite

First of all my names MrWhite, some of you might know my name from doing some freelance work with Combat Mission... Well in any event many friends of mine have gotten into this game and have jsut ate it up, and I love making maps and scenarios. My real question here is how in detail do you make it so that more then 2 people can play your scenario... How do you set it up that way? I really want to knwo so I can get some really cool maps going with the Pacific campaigns... Hey Wild Bill long time no talk, How's teh Meta CAmpaign going? MrWhite Map Maker

Post #: 1
- 3/21/2001 6:28:00 AM   
Figmo

MrWhite, You can only do multiplayer games online. And to set it up for more than two players it has to be done in the editor's deploy screen IIRC - here's what the "dephelp.txt file that is in the game says: Hot Keys Only Space - Show unit data Period - Set game length (In Editor only) R - Set maximum firing range F1 - Assign selected formation to player 1 (In Editor only) F2 - Assign selected formation to player 2 (In Editor only) F3 - Assign selected formation to player 3 (In Editor only) F4 - Assign selected formation to player 4 (In Editor only) F5 - Assign selected formation to player 5 (In Editor only) F6 - Assign selected formation to player 6 (In Editor only) Hope this helps, Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to MrWhite)
Post #: 2
- 3/21/2001 7:29:00 AM   
MindSpy

MINDSPY Hi Mr White. Welcome to multi-player SPWAW ing!!! One or more players vs the Computer. To play multi-player with online features you (the Timed Play---button) you need only set your turn time great enough to allow for a slow hand - off. What i mean by that is since a washroom break or other reason may come up it is important that you not rely on someone pressing the Pause button in a game so instead you give yourself playing time that you know will be greater than you both need to start. Then you just end your turns early so you are on your honour system to keep a certain maximum time for a turn. the beauty of this multi-player vs the computer is that you can have commands where each player is responsible for a unit but in addition you have some degree of freedom as it is possible for one player to demonstrate what he means with your forces. So of course if you are player 2 of a three player vs the comp game you had better be nice to players one and three!!! Now there are variations you can do to make things more complex besides reducing your playing time. -Altering the player order -Placing FO units that control arty or air individually with no croos over and you now must spot only with those unit and of course they control only those assets assigned to them. Multi-player PBeM games. You can play multi-player games over the web mail. Begin a game but do not enter paswords. Do not use your email slots only your save slots. Much like the board games of old where you could see your opp's forces you will be able to see one another's forces. However this does not make it any easier to win or less fun or interesting. Now the order of play is important. Not the player order but the manner in which the game turns are saved. In this format the screen you will see after pressing your end turn button will be your opponent's start screen. It is on this screen that you must press SAVE and then Manually save your game to a save slot that is the current one in use or if just starting the game one that is convenient for all the players. Now when you are a player going first your side (Army) you do not click on the end turn button instead you click on the up arrow key. This will allow you to save your turn in an up to this point format and then once the next player on your team has received your email he can then start moving his own units, until the last player of the team receives his email and then at the end of his turn he just hits the end turn and then click s on the save button and then manually saves to the current slot and onto the other team similarly. There are enormous advantages to playing in this way. One by changing the name of the files to scen from save you can edit the units and the names and the values to depict whatever you want. Two you can keep your units that have survived and then just edit in a new map and the forces are continuing their battle(s) while moving in any direction ... as well unless you buy supply trucks your ammo is slowly being consumed and soon you will not have the means to attack or defend in strength without resupply NEAT NO? And there are many other elegant variations possible to depict a running battle or a small campaign over several days or even a very long campaign from the historical record. Multi-player Hotseat head to head (in-person) multi-player battles.. Humans vs Humans in person. Much like timed play -- except that the computer is now replaced by a team of humans. In this game format the players decide the forces attached to each player and the rules governing play including taking over another players forces when they enter a zone of a player .. many combinations are possible so your enjoyment will be prolonged. Have fun MINDSPY

(in reply to MrWhite)
Post #: 3
- 3/21/2001 2:39:00 PM   
Wild Bill

MR WHITE! :eek: I never thought you would get here! Welcome! Mega campaign is in high gear. Get ready! I've got enough sand in my boots for both of us. I'm delighted you've joined us. You'll find this a "kinder, gentler" group of gamers. We take out our anger on the battlefield, not on each other :D. I think you will like the ambience around here. This is a great bunch of gamers and you'll fit in well here. Hey fellas, scrunch up a bit and let good old MrWhite in here. You can make maps to your heart's content here. We even have a map depot where you can post those bad boys! Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to MrWhite)
Post #: 4
- 3/21/2001 5:39:00 PM   
MindSpy

[MINDSY Great tag! If you weren't Wild bill Wilder i would be callng you Wild Bill Dhtml or something like that there. MINDSPY

(in reply to MrWhite)
Post #: 5
- 3/22/2001 12:44:00 AM   
MrWhite

First of all I'ld like to thank you all for a speedy reply, I took that info last night and worked up some real fun maps. Poped in my old B/W copy of GungHo and redid a scenario with it, using those all so loveable Marine Raiders... Those things kick ass... The maps was rather fun to make can't wait to get it all together to play MP wise... Also another kool thing that I'm thinking about doing is doing a couple of other movie maps for my friends who o so love to re-write movie history is make up a Scenrio of KElly's Hero's another Fav... I guess my Favortie thing in this entier place is the ability to do the Jap side, CM had the flaw of only have three nationalites, This atleast has them all... Yeah WB, can you give a ole friend a hook up with v5.0 gotta cathem all.... hehe MrWhite

(in reply to MrWhite)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Scenario Editing Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI