Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Don't Update!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy 2 >> Don't Update!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Don't Update!!! - 10/14/2014 12:15:51 PM   
Yogi the Great

Don't load update - Help

So I started the game and it said newer version available click here took me to Sliterine and a patch. But called early release 2 and now I have problems. Now wants to add more but can't. Old start icon you get version error new start for "early release" just doesn't seem to be the same. Not happy a problem with one of my favorites, I wonder if the update is some sort of mistake. The regular check for update feature doesn't work my second matrix game in a row like that. the update popped up after hitting play.

EDIT: Could this be a Steam issue? I did not buy the steam version but after starting the new update icon it connected to internet. Keep Steam away from non steam games or get rid of steam altogether.

This seems like an error at Matrix/Slitherine, hacking or Steam interference. I did send a help ticket to Matrix as well.

< Message edited by Yogi the Great -- 10/14/2014 1:33:07 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/14/2014 1:49:08 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Don't load update - Help

So I started the game and it said newer version available click here took me to Sliterine and a patch. But called early release 2 and now I have problems. Now wants to add more but can't. Old start icon you get version error new start for "early release" just doesn't seem to be the same. Not happy a problem with one of my favorites, I wonder if the update is some sort of mistake. The regular check for update feature doesn't work my second matrix game in a row like that. the update popped up after hitting play.

EDIT: Could this be a Steam issue? I did not buy the steam version but after starting the new update icon it connected to internet. Keep Steam away from non steam games or get rid of steam altogether.

This seems like an error at Matrix/Slitherine, hacking or Steam interference. I did send a help ticket to Matrix as well.

My update button didn't work as well! I manually downloaded the patch, but you scared me away from using it?

Tony

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 2
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/14/2014 3:04:20 PM   
VPaulus

The issue was not related with Steam.
Anyway, it's now fixed and you can download it from the link below:
http://bit.ly/11iMVXB

Our apologies for all the inconveniences.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 3
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/15/2014 12:29:16 AM   
Yogi the Great

Thanks I think that fixed it. It even properly checks for updates now from the check for updates button

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 4
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/15/2014 5:13:16 AM   
gdrover

Another reason that I am grateful that Matrix and Slitherine games are available on Steam.

No fuss, no muss updates that happen automatically and without issues.

Post #: 5
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/15/2014 11:26:39 AM   
Yogi the Great

Well this was an apparent automatic update notice that didn't work. Matrix says it wasn't Steam so I will believe them. Why the game (non steam version) would pop up an update and connect to the internet on it's own they haven't said. I have a couple of Steam games titles that I wanted and were only offered that way, but anytime I have the choice I stay away from it. I will probably get more Steam games in the future when I have no choice as well. Again Matrix says this was not a Steam issue.

(in reply to gdrover)
Post #: 6
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/15/2014 2:01:19 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

Why the game (non steam version) would pop up an update and connect to the internet on it's own they haven't said.

Before we started to have titles on Steam, BA was already doing that, Yogi. It checks if there's an update when starting. BA2 is following the same path. Pandora: First Contact, for example, also do the same.

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 10/15/2014 3:04:22 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/15/2014 5:23:33 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Treale

quote:

Don't load update - Help

My update button didn't work as well! I manually downloaded the patch, but you scared me away from using it?

I manually installed the patch. The program runs fine!

Tony

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 8
RE: Don't Update!!! - 10/16/2014 12:38:25 PM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

quote:

Why the game (non steam version) would pop up an update and connect to the internet on it's own they haven't said.

Before we started to have titles on Steam, BA was already doing that, Yogi. It checks if there's an update when starting. BA2 is following the same path. Pandora: First Contact, for example, also do the same.

Thanks, I have a number of games that do that, but this one has the check for update button like many others as well. Nice to see it working again with the patch. It should be made clearer however if a game is going to automatically check for updates or if it is up to the owner. The purpose of starting the thread was simple however, trying to warn fellow Matrix customers that if they installed this particular update it would be a problem. It was really nice to see how quickly Matrix fixed the issue.

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy 2 >> Don't Update!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI