Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fleet Postures and Automation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Fleet Postures and Automation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fleet Postures and Automation - 9/27/2014 5:13:55 AM   
Nikratio

Hello,

I've read the fleet posture howto, but I'm confused about something: the howto seems to imply that in order to make use of fleet postures, I have to enable automation for the fleet.

However, it seems to me that when I'm doing that, the fleet posture settings themselves get changed without my doing, e.g. the fleet gets assigned to a different home base, or is flipped from Defend to attack.

On the other hand, when disabling automation I don't have the impression that my fleets actually do anything on their own.

What am I doing wrong? Is there another another automation setting that might be responsible for automatically assigning postures, and that I have to turn off? I assumed that the "fleet formation" policy really only applies to formation..

Post #: 1
RE: Fleet Postures and Automation - 9/27/2014 10:31:33 AM   
fruitgnome

You have to manage fleets manual in the settings and you don't have to automize the fleets by clicking the symbol.

(in reply to Nikratio)
Post #: 2
RE: Fleet Postures and Automation - 9/27/2014 12:47:04 PM   
Skyjack

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

You have to manage fleets manual in the settings and you don't have to automize the fleets by clicking the symbol.

Is that in the empire policy settings?

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 3
RE: Fleet Postures and Automation - 9/27/2014 8:41:28 PM   
Nikratio

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

I can confirm the first part. After I set "Fleet Formation" to "Manual" in the Empire Policy window, fleet postures no longer change on their own. So this setting does not just apply to fleet formation, probably it should really be named "Fleet Management".

I'm pretty sure I still have to turn on automation for the individual fleets though in order for them to acct according to their postures. Or is that also what you wanted to say?

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 4
RE: Fleet Postures and Automation - 9/27/2014 10:07:29 PM   
Aeson

In my experience, fleet postures will not do anything if the fleet itself is not automated. If Fleet Formation is automated, then you'll have issues with the computer screwing around with your posture settings and home bases, but if Fleet Formation is not automated, you should not have any such troubles.

(in reply to Nikratio)
Post #: 5
RE: Fleet Postures and Automation - 9/27/2014 11:51:05 PM   
Hrdina

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aeson

In my experience, fleet postures will not do anything if the fleet itself is not automated. If Fleet Formation is automated, then you'll have issues with the computer screwing around with your posture settings and home bases, but if Fleet Formation is not automated, you should not have any such troubles.

That has been my experience as well. It took me quite a while to figure out why my fleets' home bases kept changing.

(in reply to Aeson)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Fleet Postures and Automation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI