Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestion: Saving Map Extents

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Suggestion: Saving Map Extents Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestion: Saving Map Extents - 1/27/2015 6:10:38 PM   
tinjaw

I would like to be able to press ALT + F1..F12 to save a map extent -- map center and zoom level. I would then like to be able to go back to a saved extent by pressing SHIFT + F1..F12.

For example, at the present time I have three hotspots. I would like to save each of those three spots, at the appropriate zoom level, so I can quickly switch between them.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestion: Saving Map Extents - 1/27/2015 6:17:57 PM   
mikmykWS

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2697
quote:

New major UI feature: Quick-jump slots. This allows the player to quickly & easily jump between locations/views of the battlefield without map zoom/pan delays.

How they work:

To store a slot: Select a unit/contact. Press Ctrl+[num], where [num] = 1…0 . The unit selection & camera altitude are now stored on slot No.[num] (and persisted per-side).
To jump to a saved slot: Simply press [num]. If a slot with that index exists, the camera will move to the marked unit location & altitude.
If you are using tracking-camera when saving a slot, this setting is also saved and enforced the next time you jump to this slot.

(in reply to tinjaw)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestion: Saving Map Extents - 1/30/2015 6:32:23 PM   
rixtertech

Whether this was already in the works or not, this was a great exchange and emblematic of the great users and developers of CMANO. Thanks, everyone!

"They're firing? But they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from ther-"

-Union Gen. John Sedgewick, Battle of Spotsylvania Courthouse, 1864, KIA while berating a private for ducking sniper fire

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Suggestion: Saving Map Extents Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI