Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

BA2: We were spoiled

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy 2 >> BA2: We were spoiled Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
BA2: We were spoiled - 10/6/2019 2:38:17 AM   
Rosseau

I know this game has a lot more "time in the oven" than the newer releases. But it is surely underrated. It is turn-based, no RTS, but basically does everything much better than the new Close Combat: The Bloody First.

In fact, I'd say that game is having a pretty bloody release. Way too many things should have been caught in Beta. I hope the company is not going the route of others now - releasing way too quickly. Matrix games are typically rock-solid on release.

Not that I am shocked, as I did not have confidence in the devs on this one. No offense.

And yes, I should post this in CC:TBF forums, but there is enough heat there already.
Post #: 1
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 10/6/2019 3:13:10 AM   
wodin

Thinking about it the soldiers look very similar across both titles. Plus vehicles. Shared assets? Hmmm..again thinking about it the new CC is kind of a real time BA2.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 2
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 10/6/2019 2:03:27 PM   
athineos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

I know this game has a lot more "time in the oven" than the newer releases. But it is surely underrated. It is turn-based, no RTS, but basically does everything much better than the new Close Combat: The Bloody First.

In fact, I'd say that game is having a pretty bloody release. Way too many things should have been caught in Beta. I hope the company is not going the route of others now - releasing way too quickly. Matrix games are typically rock-solid on release.

Not that I am shocked, as I did not have confidence in the devs on this one. No offense.

And yes, I should post this in CC:TBF forums, but there is enough heat there already.

Agreed. BA2 is still on my hardrive since it was released.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 3
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 10/7/2019 2:54:33 PM   
PipFromSlitherine

There are no shared assets across the two games.

Cheers

Pip

follow me on Twitter here

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 4
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 10/7/2019 3:54:26 PM   
athineos

I have tried to find a guide to make new scenarios using the included editor in BA2. It is also too bad the editor does not have a random map generator to make your scenarios faster. If anyone come across a good editor guide for that great game, please let me know. Thanks

(in reply to PipFromSlitherine)
Post #: 5
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 10/28/2019 12:09:26 AM   
PoorOldSpike

BA2 is one of my all-time favourite games (especially in Skirmish auto-generated battle mode) because it's played on a square grid and has a chess-like feel to it, where positioning is everything to hold the enemy in check by playing with our brains first and our weapons second..:)
By contrast I bought Bloody First and it takes some getting used to by not having a grid to regulate movement and lines of fire etc, so it doesn't grab me half as much as BA2.
There's a whole lot of real-time shooting and scooting going on all the time in BFirst and it's difficult to follow who's shooting at who in most scenarios, so the only way would be to play very small scens in order to keep tight control over your platoon or whatever.
Oh, and when I chose a random BFirst scen to play right through for the first time, I simply ordered my entire line to advance, then sat munching my popcorn and just watching them , and amazingly got a victory!

(in reply to athineos)
Post #: 6
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 11/1/2019 8:16:22 PM   
zakblood

had wrote and posted a 30 plus line reply, then just deleted it tbh, i'm enjoying CCTBF and also did BA2, times move on, different engines, different times

(in reply to PoorOldSpike)
Post #: 7
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 12/27/2019 6:20:37 AM   
chee006

Anyone still playing this game?

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: BA2: We were spoiled - 12/27/2019 11:11:04 AM   
PoorOldSpike

quote:

ORIGINAL: chee006
Anyone still playing this game?

If you mean Battle Academy 2:Eastern Front, yep people are still playing it, check the forum-
https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=221

(in reply to chee006)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Battle Academy Series >> Battle Academy 2 >> BA2: We were spoiled Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI