Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can medals be modded?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Can medals be modded? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can medals be modded? - 10/25/2015 4:44:31 PM   
GeneralClausewitz

I really like this game, but the mechanics behind medals is absolutely bizarre.

First off, the CIB was given to any infantrymen that served in combat. So any soldier that shoots or gets shot at should automatically get it. Tankers certainly shouldn't get it.

Secondly, why are the requirements for ANY medal so darn high? I've gotten a handful of CIB's, a Bronze Star once in a blue moon, and ONE TIME got the MOH for a greyhound driver that had 20 kills and 3 acts of bravery.

Anyone know if all this can be modded? I would love to rewrite the requirements for medals into something that actually makes sense. Kills seem to be too much of a requirement, and acts of bravery seem to matter much less.

I'd love to see my veteran soldiers have a variety of medals, but for the most part the only thing they'll ever see is a purple heart.
Post #: 1
RE: Can medals be modded? - 10/25/2015 6:40:08 PM   
SchnelleMeyer

You can not modify the parametres for recieving medals. - This is functions that is in the .exe file. - You can mod the medal graphics though.

The way Close combat awards medals is based on a number of factors. For instance the requirements for getting a medal is different for green troops vs veteran troops.

(in reply to GeneralClausewitz)
Post #: 2
RE: Can medals be modded? - 10/25/2015 7:29:24 PM   
GeneralClausewitz

Interesting! You seem to know what you're talking about, mind if I ask a few more questions?

-Is it easier or more difficult for veteran soldiers to earn medals?
-How do you modify the medal graphics? I'd like to mod it so that the CIB is replaced with the Bronze Star, Bronze Star replaced with Silver Star, Silver Star replaced with DSC, and DSC having two slots. Not perfect, but much more realistic than it currently stands.

(in reply to SchnelleMeyer)
Post #: 3
RE: Can medals be modded? - 10/25/2015 8:05:29 PM   
SchnelleMeyer

- It is "easier" for greens troops to earn medals than for veterans, but they don't have all the combat bonuses that the veterans have - so the criteria may be easier, but it may be harder for them anyway.

You need CCMunger or RtB tool to unpack/Repack the ScrnGadg.gdg file found in the Graphics folder of your PITF game directory. Look in download section at Closecombatseries.net for these tools.

Work on a copy when modding
Unpack
Make your changes as needed save and repack.

All files need to be saved as 32 bit .TGA

(in reply to GeneralClausewitz)
Post #: 4
RE: Can medals be modded? - 10/25/2015 8:07:26 PM   
SchnelleMeyer

CCMunger is here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3244290

Post #: 5
RE: Can medals be modded? - 10/26/2015 10:05:08 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Note that medals are earned based on a soldier's performance in each individual battle. If he gets 20 kills and 3 acts of bravery in one battle, that will certainly win a medal of some sort. There are no medals for cumulative kills/acts over the course of multiple battles.

Steve

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog >> Can medals be modded? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI