Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WA ground unit numbers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> WA ground unit numbers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WA ground unit numbers - 7/19/2015 2:34:01 AM   
PhilThomas

OK, so universally WA units come in to the game with high combat numbers & these seem to fall rapidly and never recover. What's up with that? It might make sense for some of the veteran British units, akin to what happens to German units in WITE, but why the Americans? For example, the famously green 106th division comes into the game at a 7 when most of my veteran infantry in France is at 2-4 (without heavy casualties). It seems like American units should act like Soviet units do in WITE & get stronger with experience.

"Everybody knows the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost."
--Leonard Cohen
Post #: 1
RE: WA ground unit numbers - 7/19/2015 2:45:10 AM   
decourcy2

I am unsure without more info but possibly it is the elements fatigue. You really need to rotate units out of the front line periodically or they become useless.

(in reply to PhilThomas)
Post #: 2
RE: WA ground unit numbers - 7/19/2015 6:48:01 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: willteachforfood

OK, so universally WA units come in to the game with high combat numbers & these seem to fall rapidly and never recover. What's up with that? It might make sense for some of the veteran British units, akin to what happens to German units in WITE, but why the Americans? For example, the famously green 106th division comes into the game at a 7 when most of my veteran infantry in France is at 2-4 (without heavy casualties). It seems like American units should act like Soviet units do in WITE & get stronger with experience.

You need to set strict supply priorities. I forget the exact ratios but I think that for every 2% missing ammo you use 1% cv and for arm/mot for every 1% missing fuel you lose 1% cv (neither can take you below 50%). Those numbers may be wrong/reversed (too lazy to look in the manual at the moment). And then fatigue will eat into your cv, again there is a precise formula but at the higher levels of fatigue it can be brutal.

solutions, if a sector really matters set the supply priority of your HQs to 3/4. Equally this may make little difference if your local depots are too small (the black bar).

in that case, send the unit back to the rear for a few turns, it will draw in supply/fuel/ammo and rebuild.

but till you get and repair Antwerp, you simply won't have enough supply in France and even then you'll struggle to actually deliver it to the units.

other tricks are not to empty UK of air units too quick. That means that fuel is used in Britain - where its plentiful, not in France. Obv doesn't work for the shorter ranged planes but the airfields in SE England can give you good cover up the Belgian border.

(in reply to PhilThomas)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> The War Room >> WA ground unit numbers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI