Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ground troop losses ...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Ground troop losses ... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ground troop losses ... - 3/12/2003 11:57:15 PM   
Mr.Frag

Doing various testing under 2.30.

Shipped my AA units (Japan) to Lae to see how they fair against the new aircraft modifications. (fast transport - arrives May 3rd, from Rabaul, Shortland, Truk)

By the 6th turn of pasting Lae with the starting sets of B-25/B-26/Hudson/B-17/Havoc (all based at PM except for B-17/Hudson at Cooktown) every single gun at Lae had been disabled.

Every single gun!

42 75mm AA gun effectiveness 13 alt 30k
12 40mm AA gun (2) effectiveness 60 alt max 14k
69 13mm AAMG (2) effectiveness 24 alt max 13k

The patch notes implied you had reduced the effects on ground troop. I see the exact opposite.

For all those guns shooting (all in supply/support until later on due to high rate of base unit damage too) they shot down a total of less then 30 aircraft over the course of these 6 turns.

I also notice that the AA value of the base does not change at all with moving all these units into the base.

The base unit located there was also thrashed with a very high number of disabled units. I do understand that these troops are exposed during air raids, but come on, this is completely out of whack to see a base unit cut in half and 100% of all AA units out of play in 6 turns.

Can you explain please? This seems so far from reality it ain't funny!
Post #: 1
- 4/1/2003 3:33:55 AM   
HannoMeier

I also experienced little effectiveness of Japanese AA against US-Bombers at 6000ft. It might be worth looking into the formula.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 2
Re: Ground troop losses ... - 4/1/2003 3:48:28 AM   
Yamamoto

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mr.Frag
[B]I also notice that the AA value of the base does not change at all with moving all these units into the base.
[/B][/QUOTE]

Where do you even SEE a base's AA value? I looked for this when someone else mentioned it a few days ago but never found it. The person in that thread said that the AA value was an inherant AA value and did not count any AA units at the base. Is that true? DO bases have an AA value on their own? I didn't think they did.

Yamamoto

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Ground troop losses ... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI