Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Constructor question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Constructor question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Constructor question - 1/4/2016 8:53:20 PM   
Chris21wen

I found a ship with no hyperdrive and no fuel. I sent it back to a base to retire it but the ship was moving so slowly I tried to send a constructor to it to repair but there was no repair option available. In desperation I tried to send the ship to the constructor, this gave me an option to retrofit it so I took that option.

The constructor apparently carrying the ship are now both heading to the nearest space port. Have I found something strange or has it always been so and I missed it.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Constructor question - 1/4/2016 10:45:48 PM   
darqnite

I cannot comment on whether you've discovered a 'feature' of constructors, or whether you've uncovered a bug.

I can, however, confirm that your discovery is repeatable, as I have just done it too. (Thanks for that!)

My race is still in pre-warp, but the constructor's speed (max cruise of 14) was not affected by the size/mass of the destroyer. Consequently, the out-of-fuel destroyer got back to my homeworld 5 times faster than it would have by itself.

Talk about a good star-lane repair and recovery service!

< Message edited by darqnite -- 1/5/2016 1:17:56 AM >

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Constructor question - 1/5/2016 6:41:06 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: darqnite

I cannot comment on whether you've discovered a 'feature' of constructors, or whether you've uncovered a bug.

I can, however, confirm that your discovery is repeatable, as I have just done it too. (Thanks for that!)

My race is still in pre-warp, but the constructor's speed (max cruise of 14) was not affected by the size/mass of the destroyer. Consequently, the out-of-fuel destroyer got back to my homeworld 5 times faster than it would have by itself.

Talk about a good star-lane repair and recovery service!

If it's meant to be then it's good. If it's not please leave it alone.

(in reply to darqnite)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Constructor question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI