Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which updates apply to UV v. 2.0?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Which updates apply to UV v. 2.0? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which updates apply to UV v. 2.0? - 4/13/2003 2:51:26 AM   
JohnSchneider

I'm confused. I tried using True Update to update my game but it didn't work. I went to the download center and I'm not certain if I should install all the updates or just those numbered higher than 2.0. Update 2.1 says to be sure to install all the other updates (1.1 and above) before installing 2.1. This doesn't seem right to me. Need I also say that I'm having a terrible time staying connected to get a complete update!

Also, I'm a little upset that the tutorial scenario supplied on the CD is different from the one in the Player Guide. That's very useful!

I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give me.

Thanks!

John Schneider
Post #: 1
- 4/13/2003 4:09:45 AM   
Mr.Frag

You need ALL the patches from 2.10 onwards to bring you up successfully to 2.30 assuming you picked up the game recently and got a 2.0 version of the CD.

If it's a 1.0, you'll also need the 2.0 patch but nothing lower - it is all inclusive to bring 1.0 to 2.0 in one shot, then see above.

I prefer to grab them from the patch page then use true update, then you have the files still kicking around if you ever want to reinstall.

http://www.matrixgames.com/insidemg/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=12

BTW: the tutorial is right, just VERY lacking in details. You should read the manual cover to cover before wasting time on the tutorial and make absolutely sure you read the patch notes to understand what has changes since the manual was written. It is a substantial list of things.

(in reply to JohnSchneider)
Post #: 2
- 4/13/2003 7:53:01 PM   
Marc von Martial

The download center states what you need to install first for every patch ;)

Uncommon Valor v2.10 Patch
Description: Note: You will have to install Patch v2.0 first

Uncommon Valor v2.11 Patch
Description: You will have to install Patch v2.0 and v2.1 first

Uncommon Valor v2.20 patch.
Description: You will have to install Patch v2.0, v2.1 and 2.11 first

Uncommon Valor v2.30 patch.
Description: You will have to install Patch v2.0, v2.1, 2.11 and 2.20 first .

Post #: 3
- 4/14/2003 12:48:21 AM   
JohnSchneider

Marc (and Mr. Frag),

Thank you very much for your assistance. Marc, your advice differs from Mr. Frag's. His made more sense but since you work for the company, I guess you must be right. When I looked at the special instructions for downloading Patch 2.10, it said you must first install Patch 2.0. However, when I looked at what Patch 2.0, I saw that it includes all the 1.X patches. Now, since I purchased v. 2.0 of UV, it seems reasonable to me that I should only download patches 2.10 and higher because anything lower than 2.10 should already be included on the CD that I purchased. As I see it, the instructions to install Patch 2.0 before installing Patch 2.10 must pertain to people who purchased the v. 1.0 CD.

However, all this appears to be moot because I can't download any of those files. I keep getting network interruptions and can't even download the smallest file.

John

Post #: 4
- 4/14/2003 1:36:13 AM   
Mr.Frag

John,

Sounds like you have a questional internet connection. Here is what you need to do.

Download [URL=http://stud.fh-heilbronn.de/~jdebis/leechftp/files/lftp13.zip]Leach FTP[/URL] and install it on your machine.

The first time you run it, select File, Connect.

Fill in the blanks like this:

Host: ftp.matrixgames.com
Username: ftp
Password: [email]ftp@ftp.com[/email]

Click in the right hand window until you get into the UncommonValor dir (under pub).

Select the 4 files you need (2.10, 2.11, 2.20, 2.30) and right click download selected ...

Go get a beer or a nap while you wait. This download manager will continue to try over and over again until it gets them all!

Post #: 5
- 4/15/2003 3:55:19 AM   
JohnSchneider

Mr. Frag,

Thanks very much for the information to access the Matrix FTP server. I used my CuteFTP and it worked great! I noticed many other people in this forum were having trouble downloading the patch files. Hopefully, your information to me will be seen by some other people and save them a lot of trouble.

Oddly enough, it appears that Marc Schwanebeck was correct when he said that Patch 2.0 also had to be installed on my UV v. 2.0. It doesn't seem logical but it must be so. When I looked in the PATCHES subdirectory of the UV directory on my hard drive, which was installed by the CD, I noticed "UVPatchv20.zip". This leads me to believe that to make my UV v. 2.0 actually 2.0, I have to unzip this file and install it. I can't believe this but it must be so! Why on earth would they do this???? It seems to me that the sensible thing to do would be to update the program files and sell a finished product to the public. Maybe when I install the 2.0 patch, the tutorial scenario will change to what it should be. What is currently on my CD is ENTIRELY different from what is described in the Player's Guide.

John

Post #: 6
- 4/15/2003 5:07:55 AM   
Mr.Frag

Thats weird, must be 3 different media versions out there. Mine is a 2.0 version that does NOT have the 2.0 patch on it, nor did it need it. It's a 2.0 out of the box :D

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Which updates apply to UV v. 2.0? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI