Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese planes having lots of bombs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Japanese planes having lots of bombs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese planes having lots of bombs - 5/24/2000 2:33:00 AM   
Sgt. Rick

Last night I started a campaign Marines against the Japanese. In my first battle, I ran into Japanese infantry right in the middle of the battlefield. After shooting at each other for 2 turns with little progress on both sides, they hit me with 'Betty' bombers. 5 of them to be exact. Plus 3 fighters. When the bombers hit me, they had to have dropped over 18 bombs.(roughly 6 bombs per hex!) I watched my Marines get annihilated! Now I checked the encyclopedia and it says that the G4M carries the following: 2 - 250kg 1 - 250kg 1 - 50kg + 2 mg's So, that is 4 bombs... I had at least 3 hexes if not 4 get hit with 6 bombs each! I'd love for someone to verify this in one of their games. I will try to reproduce it also. Perhaps I have missed this in a previous post. One other question: what is ACC in the Encyclopedia Detail screen? Sorry if this has been asked... I couldn't find in the encyclopedia... Thanks for all the help. Excellent Job Wild Bill and all the rest on making this game and the support you have provided. All of you should be very proud! Rick

Post #: 1
- 5/24/2000 2:36:00 AM   
Sgt. Rick

Gee, I did a search in the message board and what d'ya know... " "ACC"= Accuracy of the weapon, the higher the number the more accurate it is. Good to know, for example you might have two 88mm guns to choose from one might be more accurate than the other. " Ha! Rick

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 2
- 5/24/2000 3:40:00 AM   
Larry Holt

Now that you mention it... I bought some stukas and used them on multiple turns. On each turn, they dropped several bombs in 4 (I think) hexes. Way beyond their ordnance load!! ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 3
- 5/24/2000 3:46:00 AM   
Pack Rat

I didn't count the bombs but I got shot up by a couple British flying trucks, at least I think they were trucks I was laughing so hard I couldn't tell for sure. ------------------ Good hunting, Pack Rat

PR

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 4
- 5/24/2000 4:08:00 AM   
Wild Bill

They were half-tracks, Pack Rat . Trucks aren't armed. This is an OOB error and it is correctable. Paul V is forming a team to deal with these little anomalies. Thanks for helping making it better. The Japanese must have really loaded those Betties. I'm surprised they were that powerful. Many are saying they don't think aircraft are powerful enough. But that is an argument that will go on forever. Same with artillery. I'll take a look at those Betty-Boops Thanks, Guys, for these good comments...WB ------------------ Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 5
- 5/24/2000 11:24:00 PM   
Sgt. Rick

One more thing to add: I had Preferences set to 7 on Air Sorties for the Japanese.(did not change after playing a buddy... ) I don't know if this helps or not!

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 6
- 5/24/2000 11:34:00 PM   
Drake666

Yup Wild Bill, Im one who don't think aircraft are powerful enough. Like when I buy for a game I look at the price and what kind of damage a unit will do. with any good aircraft in the 100 price range, I dont see any point in buying it, if even if your lucky all you will destroy is a 70 point or less tank or a few infantry sqds at less then 30 points a unit. So at them prices I dont ever see me buying air in a E-Mail game vs a person. Just not worth it.

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 7
- 5/25/2000 12:00:00 AM   
Desert Fox

Well, to that Jap bomber problem, I think you may have limited ammo turned off. In fact, I am sure that is your problem. If you don't have limited ammo on, then they will never run out of bombs, nor will you run out of flak ammo. In my opinion, the only planes worth buying are the strafers. The P-39 airacobra is only equipped with strafing weapons which keeps them coming back till they run out of cannon ammo. That seems a lot more realistic to me than a strike aircraft flying over, dropping its bombs, then leaving the ground troops to fend for theirselves. Well, whether it is realistic or not is debateable, but I really don't think that airstrikes are done very well in the SP series. This is especially due to the fact that they drop all their bombs the first time over the target (most planes anyways). They drop first a bunch of bombs in the target hex, with only one bomb actually aimed, then drop another group of bombs in the next hex, even if there is no target there. That is simply not how airstrikes are/were conducted. Heck, there is no point in giving bombers strafing weapons if they are never gonna use them more than once. Anyways, I doubt its possible to fix airstrikes to any manageable degree, but they are still fun to watch, and, especially with SPWAW, to hear.

(in reply to Sgt. Rick)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Japanese planes having lots of bombs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI