Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where has the hungarian infantry gone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where has the hungarian infantry gone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where has the hungarian infantry gone? - 5/13/2001 11:00:00 PM   
Bob Mackenzie

Gents Just played my first game of SPWW2 5.01 tried the Hungarians vs Ruskies in Aug 44 - all the Hungarian inf was red and unselectable :( The inf is on the database I looked but I couldn't buy any. So I had to by paras instead :D Cheers Bob

Post #: 1
- 5/13/2001 11:38:00 PM   
Mumdaan

..sounds like you have Troop rarity enabled. It's a new feature that randomizes unit availability. You can turn it off in the preferences. Tripped me out the first time it happened to em as well :) ..mum

(in reply to Bob Mackenzie)
Post #: 2
- 5/14/2001 1:16:00 AM   
Del

Silly me. I thought troop rarity was based on historical availability, not a random roll.

Yea though I walk through the Valley of Death I shall fear NO evil for Thou art with me.

Post #: 3
- 5/14/2001 9:23:00 PM   
Bob Mackenzie

Rarity??? How on earth can infantry be rare? There should never be a case where a nation can't get any infantry. It let me but Zyrinyi I and only 4 of them were ever built! Cheers Bob

Post #: 4
- 5/14/2001 9:38:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The rarity system is a random means to limit players buying in battle generator games. It is reflective of battelfield shortages, but there is no way to research exactly what the probability of a given unit being at a given location. Armor did often attack with no infantry support, so the probability that you don't have infantry is reflective of the fact that that ocasionally did happen. Also the system is menat to support small to medium sied games. Bothe the rarity and computer buy habits break down if the forces on each side are much bigger than a regment (the command and control and general game scale breakdown beyond that point also)

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Where has the hungarian infantry gone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI