Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Amphibious Landings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Amphibious Landings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Amphibious Landings - 12/13/2018 8:33:59 AM   
goodwoodrw

In the Husky scenario, can you change the landing target hexes. I've tried to do what it says in the manual with little success. can't change the locations

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Amphibious Landings - 12/13/2018 2:18:12 PM   
goodwoodrw

Finally got it to work, but pointless takes too long to recover points

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: Amphibious Landings - 12/13/2018 3:22:25 PM   
Zebtucker12

If you only change the target once you should be able to land the next turn.
Unless that is only in the grand campaign.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 3
RE: Amphibious Landings - 12/14/2018 2:53:00 AM   
LiquidSky

To make (or change) an invasion site you need to :

1) Stack an Amphib HQ, and the units that will be invading together in a port. Make sure the units have the support units you want because if you change it later, it will reduce the prep points.

2) Click on the stack. On the right hand panel, where the units are listed...click on the button below the counter image. In the Huskey scenario it will be labeled the hex cooridinate that it is going to invade.

3) It will as if you want to Set New Amphibious Target. Click Yes.

4) Hexes that are yellow are eligible hexes for invasion. RIGHT CLICK (not left click) the hex you want to invade. It will turn Red for the invasion hex, and the Blue is the sea hex you will be invading from.

Fun Facts: If you reset an invasion for a different hex, it halves the prep points already accumulated. EXCEPTION: First turn of any invasion scenarios. The points don't halve.

If you change the unit somehow..like add a support unit. It will reduce the prep points (but not halve...I think it reduces by 10)

You can only paradrop a maximum of 8 hexes from an insupply allied hex. EXCEPTION: You can paradrop adjacent to an invasion hex at the same moment of invading.

To launch an invasion, on the land phase...click the amphibious transport mode button (4th button over). Click on the stack....then hit the invade button next on the amphib.

To paradrop..click the air transport button next to the amphibous button...find the paratrooper and click Drop. It will immediatly drop if within 8 hexes..otherwise it will wait until the invasion and drop then.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to Zebtucker12)
Post #: 4
RE: Amphibious Landings - 12/14/2018 6:21:07 AM   
cfulbright

Goodwood,

I agree with you. If you change the landing hexes, you can't invade on Turn 1, you have to wait until Turn 2. And in my experience the Herman Goering Division boogies to Italy on Turn 1, as if it knew when D-Day was scheduled.

Cary

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 5
RE: Amphibious Landings - 12/14/2018 9:33:09 AM   
goodwoodrw

Even later Cary coz you need more points to reduce the attrition I think

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Amphibious Landings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI